Ch. 46 - Don't Fester

In the middle of the funeral, it starts raining heavily. Then when it is over, I see someone in all black clothing walking away. I start to follow them, and they disappear. Then, I hear them speak. A smile takes over my face, because it is my favorite person in the world, my Uncle Fester. He is on the run. I let him hid in Eugene's bee colony, and he gives the name of the beast. It is called a Hyde. A rare dangerous form of outcast and there is a book about them in the nightshade library. I make it to the Nightshade library and who is there but Xavier. The thing about outcast, is that if your parents are two different types of outcast, you can exhibit traits of both. I know Xavier is a psychic like his father, but what about his mother side. She could be a Hyde and past it down to him. He eventually leaves, and out of the dark on the left comes Uncle Fester, and on the right Ajax.

"Wednesday, intruder let me knock him out." Ajax starts to pull of his hat to protect himself, but I tell him to stop.

"Uncle, this is Ajax, he is a gorgon, and I am his mate."

"Wow Wednesday, you transfer to a new school and you go all out. Get yourself a mate and get involved in multiple murder investigations. I wish that I had your luck."

"Ajax this is my Uncle Fester. He came to Nevermore to help me solve the case of the beast. I told me what the creatures name is." Uncle Fester and Thing breaks into the safe and get the book out. We take the book out. I make sure to take pictures of all the pages. This phone sure has become a huge tool for me in this case. Turns out their might be two killers, the Hyde and its master.

I confront Weems, with all this information, and once again she rebuffs me. All she cares about is the school and is willing to put them all in danger.

"Hydes are vicious uncontrollable creatures. They were officially banned from Nevermore 30 years ago says," Weems says. I leave to go to Ajax's room.

"I think a Hyde was a student. Ajax, we are going to the public library to search the archives." We ask the librarian for news clippings for the last 35 years. They were all digitized.

"I told you technology is amazing. Imagine how long it take to read 35 year of newspapers. And they would have faded."

"Look for anything about vicious murders, with people ripped apart." After several hours of looking through, years of newspaper, Ajax finds something.

"Around 2005, several people were ripped apart in what appeared to be a bear attack. That is around the time, we were born."

Now where do we go from there?