Ch. 28 - History of the Mate Bond

Wednesday's POV

Instantly I am at the desk, with a stapler on top of Thing. "You saw nothing." She release Thing, when he starts swearing to tell no one. "What was that," he signs.

"It is none of your business."

"That was the boy, who dropped off the black snake that is on your bed."

"'You lied, you told me you did not see who left it.

"I did not want you to hurt him for having a crush."

I look over at the snake on my bed. I do not know what to think about that. "He is a gorgon, and he believes that I am his mate. He gave me this journal of his great grandmother, about her, and her mate."

"What do you think?"

"I do not know. I have been at this school less then semester, and have already been stumped in two mysteries."

I push off the desk and look at the journal. It is a copy of what could be a real book. I open it and begin reading. It seems I only got the pages that correspond to the gorgon Cypress, and her mate Andras.

She met him in the beginning of the year 1300. She was in Hungary, acting as an assassin. Shewas hired to kill King Andrew the Third. She set herself up as a handmaiden tohis wife. Andras was one of Andrew's knight. After she poisoned Andrew, sheescaped to safe house in Croatia. When, she got there she transformed hernormal hair, back to snakes. She heard a gasp, it was Andras. He tracked herdown to kill her. Her snakes reached out, but he did not turn to stone. Sheexplained everything to him. Like Wednesday, he did not understand nor tobelieve her. He left, and went back to Hungary. And that is the ending of thejournal from that year.