Ch. 34 - Brother For the Save

Ajax's POV

I wake up Axel, and tell him that it is almost time for the first festivities, which is brunch with all the families. I get out of bed, and look for my hat, and can't find it. I look at my desk, and it underneath the journal casing. I put two hands on it to lift it up, because I know it will be heavy. And the shock is, that it is not. I open the case and it is empty.

"Axel the casing is empty. I knew this was brother bonding crap was fake, was this all some trick, between you and Alistair?"

"No Bro, there was books inside of the casing. I just took them to your mate's room this morning."

"What, I told you I would take them when I was ready."

"Well, get ready. Let's get some food."

I would say that I cannot believe that he did this, but I do. This is just like Axel, doing what he wants, damn everyone else.

We grab some jackets, and go to the quad, where a lot of food it prepared. I see the back of Wednesday, her pig tails standing out. I point her out to Axel. Then, Weems starts her Parent's Weekend speech. I go to the table, with the other nightshades and introduce my brother. I meet Davina and Kent's dad, and Yoko's mom. I look around and Wednesday and her family has disappeared. We all finish eating, and then go back to my room.

"Dude, when are you going to talk to your mate?"

"I don't know, the boy Eugene, who was attacked, is a friend of hers. I don't want to take advantage of her pain."

"You are much better person, then me. I would use any advantage possible if I met my mate."