Ch.19 - Not So Secret Society, Part 2

Wednesday's POV

When I saw the Gorgon was a part of the nightshades, I almost decided to say yes, but the shallowness, ultimately made me turn them down. I hide myself, and wait for all of the members to exit, and they all do, except Ajax. There would not be a better place or time to question him. Before the staircase closes after Yoko leaves, and slip down them. I turn the last corner of the stairs, and come face to face with Ajax.

"We have a lot to talk about." As he gulps, I can see his Adam's apple move.

"You are right we do. I promised you to answer any questions you had about gorgons, so what are they."

"I have so many. Why did I feel a warm sensation, when I touched one of your viper? Why did you transform, like that twice at the Poe cup. But I think I should just ask the most important question, why did I not turn to stone when you and your hair looked at me?"

"I can tell you, but I don't think you will believe me."

"Try Me."

"In gorgon history, it is very rare, but gorgons have a mate. When a gorgon finds their mate, that are unable to turn them to stone, and once they bond completely, the mate will age as a gorgon does."

Is he saying what I think he is saying?" "Are you saying what I think you are saying?"

"If you think I am saying that you are my mate. You are correct. That heat you felt was the beginning of the bond."

"I do not believe you." Then, he rips his hat off, and his snakes stretch out and hiss, but I still don't turn to stone.

"It is true, if you were not my mate, you would have turn to stone. When my parents told me what that feeling was, when we first met, I could not believe it. I did not know if I wanted to be mated. And I still don't know completely. I know I like you. And I know that I would like to see"

"I don't trust anything you say, and this was fun, but I came here for one reason, and that was to find a book."

"I can help you, I looked over most of the books, looking for something about gorgons or nagas."

"You read, another lie I have to believe among others."

"My brother paid me. I told him about the secret books, and he wanted me to look for any information about us. But, we should leave, it is getting too late, and the Dorm Parents, will locking the dorms."