Ch. 29 - History of the Mate Bond, Part 2

Wednesday's POV

Wednesday cannot believe how almost parallel their situations are. She reads more of the journal, but these pages are dated 99 years later.

99 years later, and barely aged, Cypress is England, on another mission. King Henry IV paid her to stone Richard II of England. She finishes her mission, and when she is living, the castle, she looks on at all the commoners. Among the sea of people is a man that looks like Andras, selling bread. He must be an ancestor. She runs over to his wares, and waits till he runs outs, and follows him home.

He stops at a pub. Everyone in the pub yells Andras. She goes inside, and sits in the corner. She sits there watching him eat. Once he finishes he walks, out the door. She waits a few seconds before following him. Then out the door Cypress goes, but she does not see him. She walks in the vicinity that he was walking, and someone grabs her, and puts a knife to her throat.

"Who are you, and why are you following me." She kicks him off of her, and takes off her hood. He does not look surprised, like he does not know who she is. She turns her hair into vipers, and flairs them, but he does not transform, nor looked surprised.

"I knew it was you. How are you still alive?" It turns out Andras was also an outcast, a vampire. He goes to leave, and Cypress grabs his hand. And she describes the feeling that Wednesday had felt. They went on complete the mate bond, and start a family. Wednesday closes the journal, and looks at the time, it is already late. She decides to go to bed, and that she will figure out what to do in the morning.