Ch. 21 - Plucked by A Thorne

Wednesday's POV

Enid taking Uriah's Heap from me was the perfect way for two reasons, one being, to keep my space from Ajax. I don't know if I believe Ajax about me bring his mate. And the second being that, I could investigate Joseph Crackstone with no interference. But once again, I was in the grasp of the beast, I have no idea who it is.

I broke into the Coroner's office and got copies of every file and picture involved in this case. Everyone is excited about this Rave'N dance. Even in Ms. Thornhill's class.

"Or you could invite someone and have a little fun." Says Xavier.

Ajax is the first face to come to mind. What am I thinking? Xavier, bends down, and winces, there is huge claw marks going across neck. Had I found the beast?

Xavier caught me outside his art shed, and now I am going with him to the dance. This is not going to be fun, but I do get a front row seat to the beast in human form.

I told Thing to watch Xavier, while I sneak into Xavier's shed, but he caught me. Now I don't have to go the dance.

I go back to my room, hopefully Galpin will run the dna, and see if Xavier is the monster. I was about to lie down in my bed, when someone knocks at the door. Thing opens it, and it is Ajax and he has transformed again.

"We have a lot to talk about." Why is he speaking with a hiss?