Ch.11 - Vipers in my Dreams

Wednesday's POV

I saw Rowan get killed by that monster. There is no way he should have been able to come back from that. There are outcast with regenerating powers, but I don't think Rowan fall in that category, since he is a psychic. At least if I am stuck here I have a mystery to solve. Who is that monster? And why is Rowan still alive?

After being questioned by Sheriff Galpin, I make it back to my room. After taking a shower, and putting on my black robe, I make it to my bed, and on top of it is a black snake stuffed toy from the fair. I wonder who left it. It reminds me Ajax's snakes. I push it over, and get into my bed, and drift into sleep and the nightmares begin. I see Roan attacking me, telling me that I need to die. I see the monsters, huge eyes staring at me. Then, I see myself rolling in a bed of vipers, but this does not feel like a nightmare, more like a vision, and it feels good. And then a beeping crashes my dream.

At 6:30 am my alarm is going off. I open my eyes and the first, thing I see is Enid.

"What are you doing standing over my bed? And why are you dress already."

"You don't know what begins today is do you?"

"No, what is so important for you to evade my personal space?"

"The Poe Cup. So wake up and get ready."

Usually Enid, would not even get up until 7:30. Whoever, put me in the same room as her, is the master of my torture. I groan, as I get out of my bed, and the stuffed snake falls on the ground. I look over at my desk, where I made put Thing's personal bed on top off.

"Thing', do you know who left this snake for me?"

Thing' signs, "I don't know, someone knocked on the door and left it there. I know they did not leave it for Enid."

"You need to stay alert someone has already tried to kill me, is trying to make it seem like I am crazy. As much fun as I am having fun, I will not make it easy for them."