Ch.5 - Room Assignments

"You summer here. What are your family trillionaire?" says Enid.

"This actually my mom's ancestral home. She grew up here for a century or more."

"We are going to have so much fun." Enid starts running to the house. Ajax slowly trailing behind, waiting for Wednesday.

"What type of outcast is Castor?" says Wednesday.

"He is a witch actually." Piquing Wednesday's interest. "He could help you with training up that side of you, if you wanted to do."

"I do have some interest in that side of myself. But I do not know I feel about a new teacher right now. The only witch I have encountered is my ancestor and all she does is speaks in riddles."

"Castor is not that way. If he became you teacher, he would teach you anything and everything he knows. If you were not my mate he would make you swear on your life that, you would not turn around and use your magic on my family or me." He grabs her hands, and initiates a kiss. When they separate they continue looking at each other. "Take your time we have two weeks of freedom, from school, killers, and worst of all parents."

"I might take you up on your offer." He smiles her at and holds her hand as they walk in.

A woman in a black uniform is standing at the entrance.

"Hello Master Ajax. It is so great to have you back."

"Hello Daphne. This is my mate Wednesday. Wednesday this Daphne. She takes care of the estate, and she was all my brother and I nanny. Is my room ready?"

"Yes it is sir. And so is your mate and friends rooms."

"That is not necessary. Wednesday will be staying in my room."

"I do not think so master. You know how your mom feels about being appropriate."

"I do not care how she feels. Wednesday is my mate and she will stay with me." He flashes his eyes, telling her to test him.

"I am sorry master, but I will have to tell your mom. Unless you can solve my riddle."

His eyes fade. "Okay what is your riddle?"

Her eyes turn into slits like a cat, and she says, "I am a tree that has no roots. I am bread with no taste. We live together yet not freely. I am a home that needs no place. What am I?"

Ajax does know the answer at all. Every time she has given him a riddle he got it wrong, never able to get away with anything.

"Family." Wednesday. "You never said I could not help."

"You are correct. I am family. It is my job to protect this family while in the house, I have never lost a ward. Anyone who has gotten in my way has died. Have a good visit little master, and guests."