Ch. 18 - Not So Secret Society

Ajax's POV

All of my teammates, go back to the dorm so we can shower and clean of the lake water. I can't help but think about what Wednesday is thinking of me. The package my brother sent, has arrived. I could give her the books, but then she would not need to talk to me. Even though I am not the best student, I start reading the books my brother gave me on gorgons. My first time giving myself homework.

Its hours later, when I start reading the third book. Then, my phone glows up with a text, "Nightshades meeting now." I make my way to the Edgar Allen Poe statue, and find Davina and Kent there. We snap twice, then go down the stairs. We go inside, and grab our masks and robe. I find it kind of stupid, but you have to find the fun, in the middle of nowhere. As we go in the secret library, I see someone tied up, and instantly recognize Wednesday. I feel myself transforming under the robe and mask. I try to control my breathing.

Bianca, then says "Who dares breach our inner sanctum?"

"You can take the mask off, Bianca." I smile at that. Wednesday is so smart. I get my breathing under control, and transform back. And take my mask off.

"The Nightshades are an elite social club." Not really, Bianca found this spot, and we started using it to party.

I say, "We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional midnight skinny-dip." I ink my eye brows, and she does not look impressed. Good job, me.

Xavier, thinks we should let her I Join.

"I think she should join too." I say.

"I'm not interested in joining." Wednesday says. And she frees herself from her ties and leave. I was suspected that she would say no, but I was hoping she would.

Everyone else goes to leave too. I put up my robe and mask, and is the last one to leave. I make it to the staircase, and come face to face with Wednesday.

"We have a lot to talk about."