Ch. 44 - Escape from Gates' Mansion

There are jars with the missing body parts of the victims. I start taking pictures, as fast as I can. Enid climbs up and opens the window, and climbs out.

"Come one Wednesday! We need to now!" We hear creaking coming towards us.

"I am coming, but first." I knock over all the shelfs, the jars falling to the ground, breaking. Let's see if they can collect all of the before the police come. The beast enters the room, as I climb out the window. As we are running, Xavier comes out of nowhere.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to you room, to talk, and Thing told me where you were at."

"It does not matter. We need to find Ajax, says Wednesday." We hear rumbling in the bushes, and out comes Ajax.

"Do not worry guys I am safe. The monster tried to sneak up on me. But my snakes saw and froze it. Great idea Wednesday, but it did knick me on the back. We all get inside the golf cart and drive to a more public area, until the cops come."

I call the sheriff, and tell him to come to the Gates' mansion. But first, I ask Xavier if he has a picture with Rowan on his phone.

"Sheriff, I understand you're upset, but I think you need to see something." We get there and everything is gone. The car, the body parts, and the house is messed up. I tell him to test the water from the basement, he will find DNA from the victims in it. But, he pushes me off. Then I do something that shocks everyone. I pull a jar out of my bag. Inside of it is an eye. It was the smallest jar, and Ajax gave me enough time to steal.

"Now, what do you have to say, Sheriff? Take the ear, and test it against Rowan's DNA because none of the victims you found was missing an eye. And I looked at a picture of Rowan and it has the exact same eye coloring. You should have an easy time, since a bunch of teenagers did your work for you."

We get taken back to school, by the police officers. Weems is outside waiting for all of us. She threatens to expel us all. But I convince her not to. I tell her that I am done investigating and that I will leave it to the cops.