Ch.17 - A Answer is Afoot?

I am start to wake from my vision, and feel someone lifting me up. Then, I feel a cold hard, surface against my back. I look up to see a headful of snakes. The head rises, and it is Ajax, but his pupils are slits like a snakes, and his face has reptilian skin around it. I thought looking at a gorgon, is supposed to turn you to stone, but I have not. He looks shocked that, I am not afraid. Then, all of a sudden he turns back to normal, and puts his cap back on, and run.

I get up still shocked, grab the flag and run back to the boat. The Black Cats are the last team back in the water. As we move farther from the crypt, Ajax's boat start to sink. So, it is just us and the Gold Bugs. We push a button, releasing out secret weapon, and javelin, that scrapes, Bianca boat, and fills with water. We make it back to the boat, where we are the winners.

Everyone is standing around us cheering. But my gaze is only on one person, that is Ajax, I will find out his secrets.

I walk around the school, trying to get away from everyone smiling at me, and putting their hand in the air. I end up near the Edgar Allen Poe statue. I remember the clue, Ajax told me. I look up at him, and I see the mark from Rowans page, on the book Poe is holding. I decide to come back later tonight.

Several hours later, Enid is asleep, I sneak back to the, and I look in his book, and there is a riddle, that form a single word, and the staircase forms. I walk to the bottom, and find a find a secret library. Then, the lights go out, as someone shoves a bag over my head.