Ch.14 - Altered State

Ajax's POV

Today is the race, and everybody is finally calming down. We also gather at the dock, to set our boats in the water. My team, and I dressed as jokers, complete with caps. I heard that Yoko from the Ophelia dorm got garlic poisoning. So, I can guess that Enid will come out of her tent stressed out. Enid comes out of tent, and she seems normal, except she is talking to the air.

Then, she pulls aside the door, and to my shock Wednesday emerges from the tent with cat ears and a skin tight body suit. My snakes start grinding and hissing, and I can feel my pupils expanding, and my teeth sharpening. I don't know what is happening, so I run back inside the tent. And hide behind a sheet, so no one can see me. I hear the other boys shuffling around.

"Dude, did you see Wednesday Addams, in the tight suit?

"Yeah I know right, she's scary, but I would not mind getting in that tight body."

My snakes throw my hat off, and scales start covering my hands. I pull off my phone and call my mom on Space-time.

"Hey Ajax, how are... oh my god," She says shocked my current state.

"Mom, what is happening?"

"It is your gorgon maturity, it is coming through a little bit. You have to breathe, and calm down, or else you will transform too early. Okay, I want you to sit down, and put your head on top of your knees, and breather in, hold it, and then breathe out. And repeat."

I listen to her and my gorgon features fade away.

"Thanks mom. I do not know what happened."

"Because you have been so close to your mate, your powers are growing, and strong emotions will agitate them. Anger or Lust." She looks at me with a smirk on her face.

"Bye Mom, the event about to begin." I hang up my phone, and try to collect myself.

From outside the tent, I hear Weems announce,"Everyone get to your starting positions the sophomore race is about to begin."Showtime. Ajax then walks out of tent, to look for his team, never noticing adetached hand, at the bottom of a tent.