Ch. 11 - X Marks the Spot

"So you want me to distract Alecto while you two sneak off to Ajax's ex-girlfriend's house to see if you can get a vision of who kidnapped her little brother?"

"Yes don't make us beg you Enid." says Ajax.

"He will be doing the begging." Say Wednesday seriously. "I will just delete you entire blog."

"Guys you do not have to beg me. Spending a whole lot of time alone with Alecto is all the payment I need. No need for begging or threatening me." Says Enid. "Now what is your plan?"

Both of them look at Wednesday.

"Why do I have to come up with the plan?"

"You is the smartest of us." Says Enid. Enid says with utter confidence.

"It is "are" not is."

"God Wednesday, do you want to solve a mystery or not?" exclaims Enid.

"Ok. Enid keep Alecto inside his room, whatever it takes." Enid nods her head.

"Why do you need Alecto in his room?" A voice says behind them.

"They turn around, and knowing who the voice is."

"Hello Daphne. We wanted some time alone without Alecto, after the big fight."

Daphne stares at them, face not moving at all. "Ajax, how many times have you have gotten away with things, while I have been under you families employment?"

"None."

"Exactly."

Wednesday sees where this is going. "Daphne there is someone out there who kidnapped a child from a prominent family. Who knows who could be next?"

"I have protected this family for more than a century, and I will continue to do so."

"Even when the whole entire family is separated. Ajax has four brothers, who could be in danger."

Daphne stills and contemplates.

She says, "When I eat, I live but when I drink, I die. Who am I??"

Wednesday says, "fire."

"What does man love more than life, hate more than death or mortal strife; that which contented men desire; the poor have, the rich require; the miser spends, the spendthrift saves, and all men carry to their graves?"

"Nothing."

Daphne looks at them both her eyes transformed into to cat eyes. "I will let you and the young master go to the Kouris household with Castor as protection. But if something happens to my young master, I will set you on fire and tell you into nothing."

Wednesday face does not change, but Ajax's does. One of his snakes falling from his head, and wrapping around Daphne's throat poised to strike at her. "I can protect myself. I am not a little boy anymore. Do not ever threaten her again Daphne."

"Youare right Ajax. I am sorry Ms. Addams." Ajax's snake returns to him.