21

It's prom night, the prom that the interns organised, but alex doesn't care about the prom that happens, he cares about the girl that is laying in a hospital bed, in a coma.

"Hi" he says sitting down holding her hand.

He knows he should be at the prom, having fun but he can't, he can't leave her.

"You need to wake up scar, this place, my life, my heart is empty without you, burkes awake and doing well now you need to wake up, please babe" he says holding her hand tighter.

"Alex" Meredith says from the door.

"Yeah"

"You should go, have some fun, she'll still be here when you come back I promise"

"I can't leave her like this mer"

"She has nurses and doctors with her, she has a nurse literally right infront of her room" Meredith says pointing to the nurses station right infront of the girls room.

"She has to wake up"

"She will, maybe not right now but she will, you heard Derek, her brain needs to do that, she has to want to wake up, she took quite the fall, it's not an easy process and plus Alex she would want you to have fun, I don't care if it's just for half an hour, just go have fun, anyway I have to talk to her"

"I'll be back babe" he says kissing her forehead before leaving the room.

When Meredith sits down she sighs.

"Hi" Meredith says holding the girls hand.

As she sits there, she looks at the girl on the bed hooked up to all these machines, she never in a million years thought she'd see Scarlett like this, she always thought Scarlett would live the longest out of everyone, why because she is the strongest and if she comes out of this alive Meredith's point will be proven.

"I know you're probably wondering why I'm here and I know I can talk to people like Cristina and Izzie but I don't want to be judged, I still have feelings for Derek, yes I'm with Finn, Finn's great he really is, he doesn't have a wife that he never told me about and all the other crap Derek has, Finn has plans, but with derek it's different, when I first met Derek, I thought I found the person you know, the person I was going to spend the rest of my life with but then Addison happened and everything went hell from there, I just don't know what to do scar. And you, you need to wake up because Alex is breaking, he needs you scar" she says.

After a few minutes the grey women gets up.

"I'll speak to you later" Meredith smiles walking away.

Later that night, Alex is back in Scarlett's room, 2 hours ago unfortunately Denny dequette died, izzies a mess and now Alex is worried, worried that the next person that dies will be Scarlett.

"Hi" he says holding her hand.

When Scarlett opens her eyes, she's not in a hospital bed, she's in a room and when she looks around she's shocked, this is her room she had at her grandparents house before they passed away.

"What the hell" she says getting out of bed.

As she looks around, she's confused because everything's the same as what it was when she last here, the last time she was in this room was when she was 16, now she's 27.

"I this a dream"

When she opens her bedroom door, she can hear voices from downstairs and when she walks downstairs into the kitchen, there is her grandma, granddad and a little girl.

"Oh morning"

"What is this, where am I"

"Mummy" the girl squeals running up to Scarlett.

"That's your daughter scar, meet jade Montgomery" her grandfather says.

"Hi" she says looking down at the girl.

"Hi"

"Can I hug you"

"Yeah" she smiles picking up the girl.

"She's a splitting image of you and to answer your question your in heaven"

"I died"

"No, your in a coma"

"Oh" she says.

"You will be here until you wake up"

"What if I don't"

"Then you'll stay here"

"Oh my god Alex, Addison, Derek, mark, I can't leave them" she says.

"There staying by your side, Alex hasn't left your side, you two are cute together" her grandpa says.

"Does mum and dad know"

"Addison called them, they said they'd be coming down"

"I doubt there sad"

"Scarlett"

"They never cared about me, why should I be shocked"

"Scarlett your there daughter"

"Mhmm" she mumbles sitting down with the little girl still on her lap.

"Do I get to choose"

"Choose what"

"If I get to wake up"

"Maybe"

"Maybe what does that mean"

"It means your body might not want to and you have no control over that, there doing everything Scarlett to save your life and bring you back but sometimes it isn't enough, jade go play for a bit honey"

"Ok" the girl says rushing off.

"Scarlett"

"I want to live, I need to live"

"Honey you don't get to decide that"

"well I should, you think I wanted to end up here in heaven or whatever, no I want to be there with my family and friends, I have a job, I have a life now"

"Sweetie" her grandma says putting her hand on her shoulder.

"So you and Alex"

"What about me and Alex"

"He seems good for you"

"He is, he's my everything"

"He hasn't left your side"

"I can't die knowing I broke him, I just can't I see a future with that man, marriage, kids, the whole damn lot, I can't die knowing I didn't get to live that" she says standing up.

"Where are you going"

"I just need some time" she says walking out of the house.

As she looks around the street, she smiles sadly, she has so many memories on this street and as she walks down the street, so many things look different, it has a different vibe here.

"I need to wake up" she says.