34

When a ten year old Scarlett wakes up, it's surprisingly very quiet for a morning, she can normally hear some sort of noise, weather it's her mum cooking or her dad watching the news at the highest volume but no the house is dead silent and when she opens the door the more quiet it gets the only noise she can hear is the creak sound of the floorboards that she's walking on.

"MUM, DAD" she yells

Once she walks around the house she doesn't find them and when she walks into the kitchen she sees a note on the fridge.

Scarlett
We're sorry, we left early, your father had a meeting in California and I decided to go with him, we know your only ten but we know your more capable of looking after yourself and if you need anything, Mary the neighbour next door is willing to help, but we know you'll be fine. We'll see you when we get back

"What" she says confused.

She knows she's ten but sometimes her parents treat her like she's 18 and now is one of those times. Shes young but she knows her parents don't love her, her mum throws things at her and when she cries to her dad he tells her to shut up so she can watch the tv. Even at Christmas and birthdays her parents treat archer and Addison better, she knows there older and they have a life for themselves, she's still in primary school for god sakes but she just wants her parents to love her not because shes got some degree but because she's only young and at the end of the day she is there daughter.

"If they don't love me why did they have me" she says getting a cup of water.

As she sits in an empty house at only 8 in the morning on a Saturday morning she decides to go to her sisters house, once she gets dressed into black pants, a pink jumper and shoes she brushes her teeth and hair and then locks the front door and leaves.

"I'm telling you Derek, there dating"

"Bianca is not dating mark addi"

"How do you know that" the Montgomery women says.

"Because have you seen the way she is around him, she can't even look at him"

"Which means there dating, or hooking up" Addison says rolling her eyes.

"Alright a hundred bucks says there not"

"Alright a hundred bucks says they are" she says shacking his hand.

A few minutes later as they sit in the kitchen and drink coffee they hear someone knock on the door.

"Who's that"

"I don't know I'll check"

When Addison answers the door she sees her little sister standing there.

"Hey bugs, does dad and mum know your here"

"No, there in California for one of dads meetings and said oh I'm sure you'll be fine, your old enough"

"They left you alone"

"Yep"

Addisons shocked, she knows as much as any person that her parents don't like Scarlett she doesn't know why but she can see it. But leaving there daughter, there ten year old daughter alone in a house by herself with nothing or no one is a but ridiculous.

"They don't love me add"

"Babe yes they do"

"Really, then explain this" scarlettt says pulling up her sleeve to show her sister a scar.