22

A week and still Scarlett Montgomery is in a coma, there has been some changes, she's showing signs that she wants to wake up, but she just hasn't yet, last night Scarlett's parents came to visit her and Addison knows her parents, she knows that they where faking it. Why because they weren't upset about the fact that there youngest daughter got shot, they didn't even cry and what hurt Addison the most is she saw her mum smile. Alex on the other hand has been a mess, he hasn't slept properly, ate properly or even had a proper shower for the past week because he is in that hospital room every day, every minute.

"Hi" doctor Bailey says walking in.

"Is she ok"

"We have good news, the medication we've gave her to help her wake up, is working, we have a seen a massive difference"

"That's good"

"You won't loose her Karev"

"I know, it's just after Denny died I kept thinking what if"

"Look my opinion probably doesn't matter and you've probably heard this from a dozen other people, but this girl right here is strong, she doesn't want to die, because she's fighting"

"WHERE IS SHE WHY DID NO ONE DAMN TELL ME THAT SHE GOT SHOT"

A few seconds later mark Sloan rushes into the girls room.

"Oh my god" he gasps.

He can't believe his eyes, there on the bed with so many things hooked up to her is his best friend, his sister.

"Scar" he whispers holding her hand.

"We'll give you some time" Alex says standing up.

"Hi bugs, oh you shouldn't be here, you shouldn't be here on this bed, you don't deserve to be, your Scarlett Montgomery, a survivor, superhero even, your amazing, your strong, you shouldn't be here" he sighs sitting down in the seat that the Karev man was just in.

"I remember when you were born, I was young, but I knew I had to protect you, we dont need to be blood related, because your my sister regardless, my little sister, I always thought I'd get old watching you grow up and turn into an amazing, strong woman which you already are but there are so many more things you should experience, marriage, kids and just living your life with no care in the world, Scarlett rose Montgomery if you can hear me, you wake up ok" he says.

The next day, baileys stood in the girls room alongside Meredith and George.

"Do you think she'll come out alive" George says looking at the resident.

"George don't say that she will" Meredith says as Bailey just looks at the women who's on the bed.

"She will" Bailey says.

"Hi" Derek says walking into the room with the scans of Scarlett's brain in his hand.

"Are those the scans"

"Yes thankfully nothing has changed with her brain"

"Then what's taking her so long" Meredith asks the man.

"Some people take longer, Burke was awake in surgery, she wasn't, when we found her she was in and out, she fell harder than Burke, she banged her head pretty hard, though we are doing everything we can to help her wake up, have you increased her medication"

"Richard said not to do it, because maybe that's one of the reasons she isn't, we also stopped the sedation earlier this morning" Bailey says looking at the girls chart.

"Ok"

Later that day Alex is in the girls room, now dressed in day clothes and not scrubs.

"Your very famous these days scar" Alex smiles looking around the girls room, looking at all the flowers and cards she has received.