69

Today is the day of George's funeral and currently Alex and Scarlett are laid in his bed, since the night of George's death, Scarlett has spent every night in Alex's bed and most nights they don't even have sex, she wouldn't say there back together but she doesn't know what the future holds, they could be married in five years with kids for all she knows.

"You ready for today"

"No, but we have to do this, he would want us to be ok"

"He would, you were like his sister, he adored you" the man says kissing the blondes head.

"You where friends even though half the time you didn't act like it"

"Yeah, we did have our good moments"

"Yeah"

Meanwhile downstairs Derek and mark are cooking the girls and Alex breakfast, it's the least they can do because the two men know it's going to be tough for them today, George was there family.

"Morning, oh it smells nice" Lexie says walking into the kitchen.

"We made breakfast" mark smiles handing the girl a cup of coffee.

"Thanks, you guys don't have to"

"We wanted too, it's the least we could do"

"Morning" Scarlett yawns as she walks into the kitchen alongside Alex.

"Morning, oh spend the night did you"

"Yeah did mark shut up" Scarlett says sitting down next to Lexie who hugs her.

"Oh what's on the menu chefs" Cristina says walking into the kitchen alongside Meredith.

"When did you get here" Lexie asks.

"The middle of the night, she couldn't sleep so she came round and jumped into bed with us" Derek says.

"Haha, at least me and my girl get the bed to ourself" mark smiles looking at Lexie.

"Is Izzie up"

"I'll see" Meredith says walking away.

"You ok" Scarlett says looking at Cristina.

"I am" Cristina smiles.

"Today's going to be hard that's not a lie" Lexie says.

"Mhmm"

A while later, after everyone ate breakfast Scarlett is getting dressed and she's wearing a long black dress with black heels.

"I know where going to a funeral but you look amazing" Alex smiles as the girl walks into his room.

"Thank you, you don't look bad yourself"

"I'm here for you today, whatever you need" he says putting his arms around her waist.

"Thank you"

"We'll get through this, George would want us to get through this, we'll survive, we have him up there making sure we do"

"Mhmm"

"We just have to look after ourselves and be there for Izzie and Daniel"

"He's growing up without a dad"

"I know, but he'll grow up with a mum and aunts and uncles, he'll be ok, they both will be"

When they get downstairs, Lexie, Derek, mark, Cristina and baby Daniel are already there.

"Hey cutie" Scarlett says walking up to the one week old baby marks holding.

"He's cute huh"

"He definitely looks like George"