Chapter 3

"What's this?"

Khan Alexis, asking so, was a handsome man with striking and distinct features, his eyes seeming to penetrate through. With thick, dark gray hair, standing tall at what looked like 2 meters, and a black fur coat draped over his broad shoulders, he appeared as if he had just jumped out of the game with an almost surreal presence. He exuded the characteristic arrogance and ease of a young master who had become the owner of the North.

Overwhelmed by his intense presence, I could only stand frozen. The fear of being crushed to death by his movements surged even if he just moved his fingers. The rough winter wind sweeping through the open carriage door chilled my blood excessively.

As I turned pale, unable to breathe properly, a knight from behind rushed in, trampling through the snow up to his calves. It was the knight who drove my carriage. He was bleeding profusely from his forehead, looking severely injured.

"Your Excellency, the Grand Duke! This, this is the youngest son of Count Narcissus! Del Narcissus."

"I can't bother remembering noble names one by one."

Khan grunted and turned away, walking through the snow-covered ground without a care. Only after he moved a certain distance did I notice the greatsword in his right hand, dripping with fresh blood. As he walked away, blood dripped from the sword onto the snow, and there was a faint steam rising from it.

Seeing my puzzled expression, the knight explained, "We were attacked by monsters. His Excellency helped us while passing by."

The knight roughly wiped the blood off his torn forehead with his hand.

"M-Monster attack?"

Come to think of it, the reason for encountering Khan Alexis seemed to be a monster attack. Honestly, I skipped through the story a bit hastily because I wanted to see some spicy scenes, so my memory was a bit fuzzy.

"Oh, the monsters are dead."

The knight said so, wiping his forehead with his hand again.

"No. Uh, there... the blood keeps gushing out."

"Now that we're almost at the Ice Prison, please wait a little longer!"

He spoke energetically, then turned around. Watching his face disappear into the snowdrift, I hesitated for a moment. Riding Khan's carriage was originally part of the story here, but...

Frowning, I tried to recall the details. If I were to take Khan's carriage, there was a hundred percent chance of an adult situation. According to the setting, after killing the monsters, Khan's excitement would surge, or something like that. Yeah, let's just stay here. If we wait a bit, this knight will get up and drive the carriage. After all, he's a knight, so he should be a sturdy person in this world.

I looked hopefully at the knight's back. However, for some reason, his movements seemed to lose vigor little by little...

"Excuse me? Sir Knight?"

"Sir Knight, just to make sure... Are you heading back now?"

"......."

"Knight, wake up!!!!"

I hastily jumped off the carriage and turned the knight's body around. After struggling with the weight for a while, I could finally see his front.

The knight's eyes were completely turned backward, and blood was still oozing from the wound on his forehead. His face had lost its vitality, and it turned pale. I knew that this knight was just a game character, and an extra at that, but seeing someone dying right in front of me made my mind go blank.