Chapter 67

"I'm also an apprentice magician, so please be kind to me"

Andrea spoke in a playful tone, as if acting cute. Then Cain, rising from his seat, scowled at him.

"Don't talk nonsense, kidnapper! Don't dirty the Magic Tower, just get out of here! Hey, Mana vessel, come here. "I'll teach you everything about herbs and poisons!"

"You should refrain from involving yourself, Magic Lord. You need to cultivate eyes that can distinguish and judge for yourself."

Heron stepped in, giving Cain a stern and cold gaze.

"No, but it's his first time, and I should help a bit..."

"All apprentices are beginners. Showing favoritism where others can't see."

"It's not favoritism..."

"Good that it's not favoritism. The Magic Lord must stay with me until the time limit is up. There are lots of test results that the Magic Lord needs to see."

Heron, as if determined not to listen to any more excuses, stood in front of Cain. He turned to Andrea and me, saying,

"Time is running out. Hurry up."

"Yes."

Andrea answered cutely and then he smiled at me.

"Shall we go?"

***

"What should I call you here? Jim? James? Edward?"

All of these were aliases he had used so far. Even though Andrea must have noticed my sarcasm, he just laughed innocently.

"When I do mana inspections, I use the name Darren."

Darren? It wasn't amusing to use ordinary names that seemed familiar.

"But you can call me whatever you want. Andrea, Andy, Leah, whatever you prefer."

"Actually, you're glad to see me, right?"

Andrea asked cheerfully.

"Not at all."

I replied briefly, wondering if I had caught Stockholm syndrome. While he had been kind to me, I hadn't developed any strong emotions of missing or being glad to see him. I was quite composed and indifferent.

The Magic Tower's garden was very large. It was more like an estate than a garden, divided into sections with lush orchards and flowers, a giant maze area, a thorny and magical plant-filled section, and areas where fairies and spirits fluttered about. There were no decorations like fountains or sculptures, but each area was carefully decorated, making it visually pleasing.

The illusion of an hourglass floating in the sky was quite large. With only two hours inside, time was not ample to explore the entire garden. Other apprentice magicians were entering the maze area as if they had made appointments.

Should I go there too? Why are they going there? Heron didn't seem to instruct me on where to go.

The answer came from Andrea.

"The Magic Tower's maze garden is famous for growing all kinds of herbs. Haven't you heard of it?"

He seemed to sense my confusion.

"Oh, right, Del isn't from here."

Andrea whispered as if sharing a secret and smiled mischievously. When I glared at him, he laughed like a puppy that made a mistake.

"You should advertise in newspapers that I'm a possessed foreigner."

"Ah, why waste advertising. Only I need to know. Del is a gentle person."