Chapter 141

Epilogue

Outside the window, the endless sky stretched out. The clouds, scattered in the blue and clear sky, seemed like freshly fallen snow collected together or painted patches of colors carefully applied with a brush. I stared blankly at the unrealistic beautiful sky for a moment before lowering my gaze.

The ground was too far to see clearly, it was so small that it felt like a tiny toy model. A few black dots were moving around, probably visitors heading to the Magic Tower.

[Mana vessel, are you going out today?]

The communication device placed on one side of the room started flashing and Cain's voice came out. I approached the device with the window still open and tapped the communication device three times. Soon, the device glowed white.

"Yes, why?"

In less than ten seconds, a response came from the communication device.

[Are you going to meet the kidnapper again? Have you extracted all the Seraph Essence? That's an important task, don't lose your focus.]

"I'm done. And today is the weekend. It's a holiday."

[Where do magicians have weekends or holidays! Dates, times, those are just things among outsiders. We must not be bound by the laws outside!]

"Yes, yes, I'll disconnect now."

I tapped the communication device three times again and ended the call. Soon, footsteps thudded from outside, followed by a rough knocking on the door.

"Hey, Mana vessel! You went out for a meal the day before yesterday, didn't you?"

"It's noisy."

"Can I open the door and come in?"

"Why not give it a try?"

"....."

Cain grumbled something, but he didn't open the door and come in. Instead, he went back into his room and slammed the door shut. From a distance, a voice yelled, "It's windy outside!" repeatedly.

Funny bastard.

I chuckled and continued getting ready to go out. I took off the robe that was almost like the school uniform of the Magic Tower, put on a white shirt with light-blue pants, and then draped a sky-blue coat embroidered with gold thread. With an emerald brooch matching my eye color, the outfit resembled the attire of a nobleman from a fancy ball. I also applied a bit of oil to my hair.

My reflection In the mirror was as beautiful as the sky I had just seen.

"Being mistaken for an angel after losing my memory wasn't entirely unreasonable..."

Now that everyone knew my memories had returned, nothing changed. I was just a bit embarrassed.

I put on a hat adorned with white feathers and smoothed out my sideburns.

Alright. Today, I'll look amazingly handsome and beautiful again. Humming a tune, I walked towards the bookshelf. There was a small space between the shelf and the wall, like a gap, where a fixed teleportation magic circle was drawn. I had learned it from Cain and drew the magic circle myself.

I stepped into the magic circle. As soon as I squeezed my body tightly into the narrow gap, a familiar sense of stability enveloped me. Soon, a white light emanated from the magic circle, and I disappeared.

***

The teleportation magic circle led to the attic of a polished three-story house at the edge of Kantate Forest. Kantate Forest is between the Magic Tower and the village of Kantate. It had well-maintained paths, considered a safe area.