Chapter 73

"Running away... it's not cool to run away."

I said in a deliberately nonchalant tone.

Andrea tilted his head to the side. His jewel-like pink eyes blinked slowly. An inexplicable smile slowly, spread across his lips. Not liking that smile for some reason, I spoke as if in protest.

"If you run away just because it's scary, you'll keep running away afterward. It becomes a survival mechanism. That's not really good."

Recalling Cain's words, I found myself convinced once again. There are times when someone, without me even realizing it can understand my true nature. Now that I'm conscious of the truth, it can take over your mind.

I am a natural runaway. Cain made me aware of that.

At that moment, Andrea suddenly pressed my cheeks with one hand. As a result, my cheeks were pressed, and my lips stuck out into a comical pout. Frowning with all my might, I asked with my eyes what he was doing. He shook my face gently from side to side.

"You fool."

"...What?"

"Our guild boasts a success rate of 90%."

Suddenly boasting about your guild?

I looked at him puzzled, but Andrea continued without hesitation.

"But sometimes we miss the target. Why do you think that is?"

"...Because the opponent is too strong?"

"We aim for when the target is off guard. When they're sleeping, eating, resting, or even having sex, there aren't many people stronger than a trained assassin when they are caught off guard. Even if you try to fight back, they'll die quickly without weapons or with sluggish movements."

Andrea released my cheeks. My cheeks and the inside of my mouth felt tingly. As I explored the inside of my mouth with my tongue, Andrea suddenly flicked the tip of my nose with his index finger. I stepped back, holding my nose, and he smiled, lifting his index finger.

"The escape is a basic and instinctive survival strategy. Who cares if it's not cool? What's important is that I live."

Andrea reached out and pulled the door handle. The door opened quietly. There was no one in the corridor. It seemed like Khan and Alan had entered Phlos's room.

"Have you ever used someone else's life as a shield to survive?"

"No?!"

"Have you ever stabbed someone in the back, either physically or psychologically?"

"No!"

"Then Del is neither vile nor cowardly."

He wrapped his arm around my waist. Naturally, my body pressed against his. Andrea's lips, now only an inch closer, let out sweet words.

"Actually, what's important is not whether you run away or not."

"......."

It was truly an angelic face with a devilish whisper.

"Do whatever you want, Del."

***

His words were so cunning that, fitting here and there according to the situation, they could mean anything.

"Yeah, who cares if it's not cool."

Despite Andrea's words, I couldn't help but wonder if sacrificing someone or betraying someone was a big mistake. I was just an ordinary person who didn't want to open my back hole to someone else's dick. It certainly didn't make sense to stand against male protagonists.