Chapter 29

Hunter looked around the party hall without knowing what I was thinking and nodded with satisfaction.

"It would be better to announce our marriage again in this gathering of socialites rather than just a few palace officials."

"That's true."

I quickly interrupted his words.

"Today is the 1st princess's birthday. I feel a bit uncomfortable stealing the spotlight at someone else's party. How about we officially announce it later... on a grander scale?"

Hunter seemed to think my words for a moment but eventually gave in. He even took a moment to reflect on how short-sighted he had been. Truly a sincere guy.

"Let's just show here that you have gained my support by being together."

My first plan was to postpone any formal announcements.

While the news of our engagement would have spread through the noble society via palace officials, announcing it to the entire empire was a completely different matter.

My second plan was to showcase that I was on the same side of the Crown Prince.

Even if I terminated the contract marriage, I wanted to ensure the loyalty of my followers to Hunter. However, to empower Hunter without the constraint of marriage, I needed to emphasize that I chose him politically.

Hunter was the one who brought me to the palace and treated me faithfully as his bride just because I healed Woofu. Even if I had to break the contract marriage, I wanted to ensure the loyalty of my followers to side with Hunter. However, to empower Hunter without the constraint of marriage, I needed to show that I chose him politically.

Just then, the imperial orchestra began playing a waltz.

"For our first dance, may I have this one?"

Hunter slightly bent his waist and extended his hand towards me. I took his hand, and we walked towards the center of the party venue. Dancing with Hunter here would make us visible to all the nobles attending the party.

The only problem was that I didn't know any of the dances in this world.

"Your Highness the Crown Prince, can you lend me the top of your feet?"

"The top of my feet?"

"I'm terrible at dancing."

Upon hearing this, Hunter widened his eyes in surprise. The playboy known in the imperial society for his elegance couldn't dance a waltz? His thoughts were quite apparent.

However, I had no choice. I was terribly clumsy in real life. I couldn't even do exercises or stretches properly, let alone dance. Maybe with the buffs from the game, I could move like the original Del Narcissus, but I didn't want to recklessly attempt it in a crowded place.

Therefore, I climbed onto the top of Hunter's foot. Despite being smaller and thinner than Hunter, he was still an adult man...

Swish.

Hunter twirled me while I was on his foot, executing two perfect turns. It was incredibly graceful with flawless turns.

"Are you not finding it difficult?"

"Not at all. You're as light as a feather."

"Umm..."

Although it hurt my pride a bit, it was still a good thing. Riding on Hunter's foot, I roamed around the party venue, dancing as if I were the best dancer in the world. Some people questioned why Del Narcissus was dancing on the Crown Prince's foot, but most seemed to accept it with a nonchalant attitude, thinking it was just something Del Narcissus would do.