Chapter 25

The Second Prince approached us with a sneer. As he came closer, character information appeared above his head.

[Tierry Melian/Second Prince/Hunter Melian's half-brother/Favorability 40]

I couldn't believe my eyes. The Second Prince's approval rating toward me was a whopping 40, the highest I had seen so far. Perplexed, I looked up at the Second Prince, and he smirked.

"As expected, still as stubborn as ever. Don't want to greet me, Del Narcissus?"

"The Crown Princess should have manners. Brother, do you really want to marry that slut.

"Watch your words."

"Among the nobles of this Empire, there's probably no one who hasn't played with Del Narcissus. Didn't we just have a heated exchange at last year's masquerade ball? Huh? Your Royal Highness the Crown Princess."

I had no memory of such an event. I tilted my head slightly and said.

"I don't remember."

To that, the Second Prince exploded.

"Don't lie! You liked it back then!"

It seemed he was infatuated with the past me who no longer existed. His face turned red, and started fuming. A little brat who probably couldn't understand why I, Del Narcissus, would choose to marry Hunter instead of him.

I intentionally wrapped my arm around Hunter's arm. The Second Prince's eyes caught our arms. He was trembling as if ready to explode.

"Well, as you mentioned, I've played with so many people that I can't remember even a prince like you. And what use is the past? I'm now the Crown Prince's person."

At those words, Hunter looked down at me with a cold face.

[Hunter Melian's favorability has increased by +1!]

The face and likability don't match.

I smiled sweetly at Hunter and pressed our bodies together.

"Your Highness, I implore you not to insult me by calling me a male prostitute or slut. Isn't That a bit too... petty? Trying to devalue me with such words, by diminishing my value with just a few words.

I dropped the ends of my eyebrows and spoke in a voice full of sympathy.

"The person I've chosen is Your Highness, the Crown Prince. I feel sorry for the Second Prince, but that's how it is."

"Wh-who would want to marry someone like you! Even if you begged, I wouldn't take you!"

The Second Prince yelled in frustration. Despite being younger than Hunter, he appeared much more immature. Still, he must be older than Khan, but even compared to Khan, he seemed more childish. Thinking of a young man barely eighteen who stood close to two meters tall, the Second Prince felt even younger. Growing favored by many people, he was a prince accustomed to receiving admiration.

The Second Prince glared at me, seemingly wanting to lash out, then turned and left, pounding his footsteps. I quickly freed my arm from Hunter's grip.

"To argue with such a person over the successor position, His Highness must find it quite absurd."

I said, sticking my tongue out mockingly. Hunter, with his usual indifferent expression, asked.

"No apology for me? I heard you had a fling with the second prince in the past."

What? You seem fine with it earlier.

"Why should I apologize for that? It doesn't seem to bother you much."