Chapter 28

I couldn't remember what state of mind I was in when I came out after fitting the clothes. While Hunter was measuring my chest, arm length, waist, and leg length, I observed the favorability level rapidly rising above Hunter's head.

42, 43, 44, 45... When we left the room, it was at 49, just about to reach 50. It seemed that direct contact with my body during the measurement played a large role.

Hunter's face, as he came out of the room, was flushed, and he deliberately avoided looking at me, keeping his gaze in a different direction. Moreover, he seemed to be clenching and unclenching his fists continuously, as if unaware of his actions. It was clear that he must be internally thinking something along the lines of, ' I touched Del's body with these hands.'

Above all, the center of his lower body was... noticeably swollen. This couldn't be ignored. Hunter was aroused towards me.

The renowned Hunter Melian, the mature character from an adult game, wanted to pounce on me.

"Your Highness, I'll take my leave now!"

I decided to leave before he mustered the courage to attempt any further physical contact.

"Del Narcissus...!"

He turned his head quickly at my abrupt farewell, but I was faster. I walked toward my room in a hurry.

If you get caught, you get eaten. If you get caught, it's over.

Devan, who was standing in front of my door, was surprised to see me almost practically running into my room.

"Master, who's chasing you?"

I dragged Devan into my room and locked the door behind us. Devan looked anxiously unsure of what to do.

"Why are you doing this, Master?"

"Why did I set the engagement period for a year?"

"yes?"

"I thought it would take a year to raise the favorability level to a hundred! How many days did it take to reach fifty? Just a few days?"

"I don't understand what you're saying..."

"Devan."

I placed both hands on Devan's broad shoulders. As I called him seriously and with determination, Devan's expression also became grave.

"Yes, Master. Please give your command."

"If Prince Hunter and I give orders, whose words will you follow?"

"Of course, it will be yours, Master."

"Is that so?"

I looked into Devan's serious face, with no hint of lies.

"From now on, until I leave the palace, you must always create a rift between me and Prince Hunter."

"...Yes?"

"I mean, don't leave us alone. Always stick close to me and guard me. Understand?"

Devan swallowed hard. He seemed to have grasped how unreasonable my 'command' was.

"Master... aren't you supposed to become His Royal Highness the Crown Princess? Why would you try to avoid the Crown Prince?"

"Devan, my chastity is in danger."

I said flatly. Devan's face twisted slightly.

"...Chastity?"

"I need to protect what's behind me... my, uh, precious one... I must protect it. Got it? I don't want to end up in the same bed with a man."