Chapter 30

I was familiar with Cain's character design. A fiercely handsome man with intense red hair, scratched eyebrows, and a grumpy expression all the time. Of course like the male leads he was tall, well-built, and muscular. Although he was the youngest Magic Tower Lord at twenty, he had become an adult long ago.

But what's going on now?

I rubbed my eyes and looked closely at the kid again. Brown curly hair, round and fluffy cheeks—an actual child. In Korea, he might be just starting elementary school, so young.

"Hey, um... Father? Look, can't you feel the flow of mana from this chandelier?"

Moreover, the boy even called his father, and they looked so alike that anyone could tell they were related.

"Is what your son saying true, Count Trotos?"

Hunter, who was supporting me standing, asked. His voice had deepened even more. Well, that makes sense. If someone deliberately used magic to make the chandelier fall, it wouldn't be an accident but an attempted assassination.

However, I was willing to bet my entire fortune that the cause of the sensed mana there was the system of this crappy game. Even though I was covered in fur now, I was that certain.

"Yes, yes. A very unique type of mana is being felt. Your Highness."

Count Trotos replied, sweating profusely. He pulled his son behind him as if hiding him.

"I'll call the Magic Department officials for confirmation."

"Very well. After moving the debris, it's better to check. The first princess will arrive soon."

It was Princess 1's birthday party. The party had to continue somehow. Although it would be sensible to evacuate or relocate the party venue, no one questioned Hunter's words.

"May I move it? Father?"

The voice of the child popped out from behind Count Trotos. Count Trotos wiped his forehead with a handkerchief and replied.

"Your magical skills aren't up to that level yet, Jamie. Leave this to your father."

Count Trotos seemed to be a fairly skilled magician himself. He directed both palms toward the chandelier, muttering something. Suddenly, the chandelier and fragments floated slowly in the air.

"... Wow."

It was my first time witnessing real magic outside of the teleportation runes, and admiration involuntarily escaped me. Hunter held me even more firmly, adjusting our position to ensure I wasn't within range in case the chandelier fell again. His consideration made my stomach tingle.

This is quite awkward.

While I was thinking about it, the child behind Count Trotos extended his head. The child stared straight at me, his eyes sharp. The character information floating above his head remained unchanged.

[Cain's favorability increased +1!]

Even this notification popped up! Indeed, that child was Cain. He seemed to have changed his appearance with magic. But why did his favorability increase?

"Prince Del, we need to go see the doctor this way."

Hunter wrapped his arm around my waist and led me outside the hall. I briefly checked if Hunter had any ill intentions, but fortunately, it seemed he wasn't harboring any dark thoughts this time.

I couldn't accept kindness easily. I sighed softly. Hunter immediately responded.

"Where does it hurt?"