Chapter 104

Andrea left me alone, staring at the ground, and walked towards Alan, untying Alan's rope. As soon as Alan was free, he ran towards me.

"Narcissus, are you okay?" Alan's white priestly robe was stained with dark patches here and there. He seemed more concerned about me than himself. Despite thinking that way, I nodded my head silently.

"What about Alan?"

"I'm fine, but... Oh, Brother, I will heal you with divine power." Alan urgently grabbed Andrea. Andrea, in pain, didn't resist. Soon, light emanated from Alan's hands. As the light enveloped Andrea's body, the wounds on his face and body disappeared.

The swollen eyelids and twisted nose returned to normal. The torn lips, the forehead with a gash – everything became normal. Looking at the relaxed expression and posture, it seemed like even the invisible wounds were healed.

"Thank you, priest."

Andrea playfully winked and said, completely different from when he desperately called my name earlier.

As Alan withdrew his hand, Andrea rotated one arm. He also bent his waist in different directions.

"The wounds are healed, and the pain is gone, but strength doesn't easily return. The injured parts are weaker than usual. To recover, you must rest and stabilize."

Alan spoke, but Andrea just shrugged his shoulders with a cheerful smile. Without saying much, both Alan and I understood what it meant.

We needed to escape from Sablum now. There was no time to rest and recover. And in the process of escaping, Andrea would be the one facing the most difficulties. He had to protect us, the weak ones.

"Just a moment."

Andrea said that and approached the corpses he had cut down.

"I need to check if there's more of that strange powder."

"It's called Waroom, that powder."

I spoke. Andrea nodded and began rummaging through the clothes of the corpses. As I watched him, Alan's palm suddenly covered my eyes.

"If its hard to look at. You don't have to see it."

Then Alan used his divine power on me too. As a warm and refreshing energy flowed in, my mind calmed a bit. However, Alan spoke as if something was odd.

"Earlier, I couldn't see it clearly because I was in a hurry, but your progress has increased a lot."

Progress?

I wet my throat and looked up at the information floating above my head, similar to Andrea and Alan.

[Del Narcissus / Youngest son of the Count / Daffodil of the Empire / Progress 62]

"When I last saw you, the progress was 8."

I had met Alan a very long time ago and parted ways. With no memory, I could only guess.

What could this "progress" be? I asked Alan, but he also didn't seem to know. Useless comments about it being related to Eura were made. As Alan stopped using divine power, the character information above my head disappeared.

"Well, since I'll be with you for a while, let's gradually figure out what this 'progress' is about," I said. Upon hearing that, Alan's expression turned strange – a mix of joy and sadness.

"Why... Why?"

"Because you'll be with me... I don't think Narcissus knows what that means."

...Yes, I don't know.