Chapter 24

Hunter escorted me to my room and then left. That night, I stayed awake on my bed lost in thought. I had always felt this way for a long time but it seemed like game characters shouldn't be seen merely as just characters. They had pasts, beliefs, and emotions that I didn't know about. They bled if they were hurt, shed tears if they were sad, or even swallowed their tears.

Recalling Hunter's earlier advice not to pity himself, I couldn't help but think of Khan and Alan, whom I had left behind as if completing a stage. Even though I thought leaving the Northern region meant as one step toward the end of the game for me. At this moment, they were likely still breathing and living. That realization weighed heavily on my heart.

That night, I tossed and turned until dawn and finally fell asleep.

***

The next day, I woke up late, around lunchtime. Whether it was the noble's laziness or the fact that attendants and maids only came in after I woke up, they treated me very politely and carefully. It seemed like news of me being Hunter's fiancée had spread.

They dressed me in a light, sky-blue shirt and dark blue velvet pants. They adorned me with long, droplet-shaped earrings and an emerald brooch that matched the color of my eyes. In the mirror, I looked like a manifestation of beauty. A light faxen cape with a transparent texture, reminiscent of fairy wings. I truly felt like an angel descended from the heavens.

"Wow.....It's very pretty."

I murmured as I looked into the mirror. The servant who was fixing my hair blushed as she straightened up.

"Even the first sunlight of the morning won't shine as brightly as Narcissus."

One of the maids, who was helping with my outfit, nudged the servant with her elbow.

"Sorry, sorry."

The servant quickly apologized, but since I was in a good mood, I laughed brightly and patted her shoulders.

"It's a compliment. Thank you."

At that moment, someone outside the door opened it and exclaimed, "His Royal Highness the Crown Prince, is here!"

I turned towards the door. As I moved, the cape's hem billowed like a dress, then settled down. The light reflected off my clothes stung the inside of my eyelids. As I playfully winked one eye, Hunter, who had casually walked in, froze.

[Hunter Melian's liking has increased by +1!]

Humans are visually sensitive creatures. In response to the increased liking, I smiled warmly at Hunter.

"Welcome, Your Royal Highness."

"Here to escort you, Narcissus"

Hunter walked up to me gracefully, extending his hand as if challenging me to a duel.

"I'll be your escort."

<Okay>

I replied briefly in Teheit, taking his hand. We looked like a couple from a fairy tale—prince and... prince, if such a couple existed in a fairy tale. The surrounding servants simultaneously sighed in admiration, their breath catching at our enchanting presence.

Ignoring their reactions, we walked down the corridor. Hunter then spoke.

"Are we going to the Empress's Palace?"

"No, we're going to the Grand Hall. We need to announce our engagement first."

"Huh?"

I realized that while I was asleep, Hunter had urgently gathered everyone.