Chapter 12

Was there always such character information floating above me too? But if that were the case, Khan should have mentioned it earlier. I shifted my gaze to the character information floating above Alan's head. Alan's eyes followed mine, looking up at his own character information.

[Alan Bate / Priest / Servant of Temperance / Favorability 0 ]

"I don't have anything above my head..."

Could it be that he can't see his own? That meant only my character information was visible now. Why?

"Is Del Narcissus your name, Brother?"

Alan asked, seemingly unable to believe it. He regarded it as some kind of divine miracle.

"Yes, that's right. I'm Del Narcissus."

"It wasn't there just a moment ago, why now..."

Alan mumbled the end of his sentence, then spoke again in surprise.

"It disappeared again!"

His blue eyes blinked rapidly behind his glasses as they moved between my face and the space above my head. I also checked the area above me, but my character information was no longer visible to me.

Alan seemed to be deep in thought, then lightly placed his hand on my foot.

"I think, give me a moment."

Soon, divine power flowed from Alan's hand. Once again, my foot felt warm and comfortable, and I sensed the joyous circulation of blood throughout my body. After a while, Alan exclaimed.

"Oh."

His eyes were back above my head.

"It seems to respond to divine power."

Alan muttered quietly. He appeared moved and overwhelmed with a sense of wonder that couldn't be put into words. Tears began to well up in his blue eyes.

"It seems that Eura has chosen you, Brother."

"What... do you mean?"

His round and kind eyes crinkled slightly. Alan gathered both of his hands in front of his chest and devoutly prayed before responding.

"A miracle."

Simultaneously, a system window appeared before me.

[Alan Bait's favorability +5!]

"Brother, it's a miracle bestowed by the gods."

... Me?

I stared at Alan with a bewildered expression. He spoke earnestly.

"I cannot send you to the garbage village. Please come with me to the temple. I will speak to His Highness about this. Please wait for a moment."

Alan stood up. It seemed like the characters of responsibility on one shoulder and mission on the other were settling on him. With a determined expression, he left the room.

Wait a minute. Should I go to the garbage village? What nonsense! There I need to use the proper teleportation circle to the Islands!

I quickly got off the bed and caught up with Alan, who had already entered the corridor. When I grabbed his arm, he looked down at my feet in surprise.

"Your feet are probably not healed yet. Please lie down."

"I'm a prisoner! There's no way someone like me could be a divine miracle!"

Then Alan's gaze changed. He looked at me as if I were pitiful and lowered his head.

"We are all miracles and blessings of Eura on this land. Among them, Brother... you've received a special miracle."