Chapter 65

"Not me but the person with me is a bit injured. I heard there is magic ointment here. Please lend it to me."

"Oh, that unlucky bastard?"

Cain snorted.

"Then, I won't give it to you."

He turned his body like a child and went into the room.

"That person is bleeding from their hands..."

When I spoke, Chain shouted angrily.

"Still, I won't give it! That kid kidnapped you! Why should I give ointment to the kidnapper?"

".......... How did you know that?"

"That kid said so. He kidnapped you, so don't say anything about him."

When did you say something like that? It was true. Was it just kidnapping? He also bombed an attack on the Magic Tower and threatened to kill me. Well, he was a decent guy for a while, so I forgot about it.

I sighed deeply and turned around. Cain suddenly followed me out.

"Where are you going!"

"To get ointment from Heron."

"Hey, are you a fool? Why are worried about the kidnapper getting hurt!"

Cain screamed loudly. It was tiring to taste Cain's temper after a long time. Is he two years old or twenty? Why is he acting like a brat?

When I looked at Cain with force in my eyes, he grunted.

"Do you know how worried I was? The Magic Tower was attacked, and you disappeared. It's the 99th floor, and all the windows are broken. Did he push you? Or did you jump suddenly... How much mental agony did I go through..."

Cain's booming voice gradually faded.

"I should have cast a tracking spell earlier. You're supposed to be my disciple, but you don't even know a lot of spells. You don't even have enough mana to cast magic without my help.................. I should've thought about everything."

He said, muttering.

"I thought you might have run away again. You're good at that."

Cain glared at me resentfully. But soon, the resentment melted away, and relief took its place.

"...But you came back well. Mana vessel."

"......Yes."

I'll give you the ointment, come in."

Cain's voice, saying that seemed a bit down, so I pretended not to notice. I nodded silently and followed him into the room.

Cain went to a massive dresser in the corner, claiming he would find the ointment. There were dozens of small drawers, and he immediately opened one containing the ointment.

The magical ointment, which supposedly healed wounds and grew new skin growth instantly when applied, was stored in a large jar. He walked towards the desk, transferring it to a smaller bottle.

While Cain was transferring the ointment, I explored the room. Cain's room was messier than I remembered. Books were scattered on both the bed and the floor. The walls were covered in magical runes drawn with what seemed like charcoal. Empty potion bottles rolled around everywhere. Overall, it felt like the lair of a mad genius scientist.

"Why is it dirty in here?" I asked casually. Cain responded equally nonchalantly.

"Oh, I was looking for you. Doesn't it look a little obvious?