Chapter 21

In the game, the player earns Hunter's favor by extracting a large thorn deeply hidden in the tiger's throat. However, at that moment, the game was designed so that by clicking only on the "Extract Thorn" button "[A thorn is stuck in the tiger's throat. Extract the thorn.]," The thorn would automatically be removed. This meant that the player would not risk one's life and physically enter the tiger's mouth.

Fortunately, it seemed like Hunter was firmly holding Woofu's mouth from the outside. However, the inside of the tiger's mouth, mixed with hot saliva and a foul smell was terrifying. I carefully used my hand to explore Woofu's throat, and with each gulp of the throat, cold sweat ran down my back.

"Is this really the way to cure Woofu?"

The sound of Hunter speaking from outside could be faintly heard. However, I was not in the state of mind to respond at the moment. I closed my mouth and steadfastly went down the throat. Then, something caught my fingertips, something hard, about half the size of the palm of my hand.

"Oh I got it, it's caught well."

Holding it with both hands, I pulled upward.

*Creak...*

More saliva gushed out from Woofu's mouth. As the tiger's body began shaking, my body also started shaking uncontrollably.

"Woofu, I've had a knife stabbed in my foot. It hurts both going in and coming out. I understand what you're going through."

Internally shedding tears, I exerted more force with both hands. Finally, with a popping sound, the thorn came out. Woofu roared nervously, and sensing something wrong, Hunter outside grabbed my waist and pulled me out. I emerged holding the thorn.

The refreshing air of the forest rushed into my nostrils.

"Haha... I got it out!"

I raised the thorn triumphantly, its pointed end sharp and the sturdy material tinged with an off-white color, resembling bone. Hunter seemed to draw the same conclusion.

"It's a bone."

Taking the thorn from my hand and examining it, Hunter commented,

"He ate a bothersome man not long ago, seems like this got stuck then."

Hunter affectionately stroked Woofu's head. With the thorn removed, the pain noticeably subsided, and Woofu, expressing delight with a content growl, leaned its forehead against Hunter's hand. Covered in tiger saliva, I was the only one left staring at the bone in Hunter's other hand.

Was that a human bone?

As if guessing my inner thoughts with my horrified expression and gaze, Hunter extended the thorn, no, bone, toward me.

"I'll make jewelry from this bone for you. It'll be suitable as our engagement ring."

Nice my foot. You're a psychopath.

"I, I'll decline."

"Don't you want it as a souvenir? You're the key player who made our contract come true."

"It's okay. Really, it's okay."

When I hastily refused, Hunter smirked and casually threw the bone into the distance. Before I could even form an opinion, an alert popped up above his head.

[Hunter Melian's favorability has increased by +5!]

Risking my life to fix a companion tiger and only getting 5 points? Stingy. Totally stingy.

While I made a sour face, Hunter scratched the tiger's jaw and said, "Let's go to the palace."

"...Now?"