Chapter 88

"I wonder what you're talking about..."

The teacher said, clearing his throat. His thin and young face was flushed. I explained further.

[I want to find a partner. To do that, you have to go through a mating process, right]

Shock and confusion spread across the teacher's face. A young man around my age couldn't keep his eyes still. After finally fixing his wandering gaze on me, he asked,

"What kind of guy dares to mate with an angel?"

The teacher, who seemed embarrassed for a moment, raised his voice and said,

"Mating angels with humans are evil and vicious!"

He also said that humans should not dare touch angels in such a way and that they should not even touch them carelessly. He said that as a scholar, he suppresses his instincts with intellect and reason, others may find it difficult to do so. So he must always be on his guard.

Although I quite liked the young teacher known as a scholar, listening to his speech about my mating process was unpleasant and even boring.

Has he seen Andrea yet? It might have been a mistake to tell Andrea to take a break and not come over, the teacher's house was right next to mine. If he had seen Andrea, he probably would have understood right away. This man has the qualifications to be the angel's mate and can seduce anyone if he puts his mind to it.

After class, I was lost in thought. The people in Sablum are kind and treat me well, but they treat me too precious. It wasn't just the teacher. If I ask the others, they will have similar reactions.

Then, all that was left was Andrea. Then let's attack head-on, okay? It would be annoying if I asked people around and got scolded by the teacher or tribal chief again.

I returned home and sat next to Andrea, who was lying comfortably on the sofa, reading a book. Andrea turned the book he was reading onto his stomach and looked up at me from his lying position.

"You're here. Del?"

Instead of answering, I made a sullen face. Andrea, seeing my gloomy expression, sat up from the sofa.

"What's wrong? Something happened during class?"

I nodded pitifully. Andrea's eyes became sharper, however, he still asked with a sweet voice full of honey.

"Can I help?"

Pretending to hesitate, I slowly wrote in my notebook.

[Teacher said that... people don't want to touch me...]

"...What does this mean?"

Andrea's voice was filled with anger. It seemed like he was ready to go and kill the teacher at any moment, which was terrifying. However, I wrote the following words.

[Because I'm an angel, and if someone touches me, they'll be in big trouble. It may be selfish but I'm lonely, I have no one to hug me...]

"I see... You feel lonely."

Andrea took a deep breath as if swallowing his sigh. He then stretched his arms towards me.

"Just a hug... I will do it for you. Come here."

Rather than hugging right away, I thought it would be better to stimulate his sympathy at least once. I lowered my head and hunched my shoulders, and gave an attitude as if I couldn't approach Andrea because of what I heard earlier.

How about it? Is your heart moved? No matter how noble an angel is, you still want to hug it and feel sorry for it, right? You hug me first.

I thought to myself and I trembled slightly.