Chapter 63

The book that swallowed mine and Otakia's blood started flipping its pages on its own. Inside the house where not a single breeze blew, the pages of the book turned rapidly by themselves. Then, at some point, the pages stopped turning. At first, I was confused as the pages were blank but gradually, letters appeared. They were in the colors of blood-red letters.

Del Narcissus

-Narcissus, The youngest son of the Count family

-Daffodil of the Empire

-Progress: 30%

This was my information. More precisely, it was the character information that appeared above my head when touched by divine power. I thought I could just go to a priest for this information, but more letters appeared below.

-Synchronization of body and soul 68%

Soul separation magic success rate 10%

In case of failure, the body and soul disappear

I tried to understand the unfamiliar information. The progress was low, but why was the synchronization so high? The success rate of soul separation magic was only 10%. Moreover, the penalty for failure was too terrifying.

"Hmm, the success rate itself isn't bad, but it's a bit disappointing that annihilation is at stake. It means you only get one chance."

Otakia mumbled from the front. Her words were correct. There was only one chance. With that one attempt, I could be annihilated. There must be a reason why the word annihilation was used instead of death. I looked at Andrea with eyes filled with fear. Andrea was seriously studying the book.

"You bastard, are you really worried now? Huh? It says my annihilation is at stake, no, it says the annihilation of Del Narcissus, whom you secretly love, is at stake. Are you contemplating that too?"

At that moment, the book spat out its final information.

-True love success rate 99%

Failure results in 100% synchronization

"True love? What kind of magic is this?"

Otakia asked, raising her glasses and looking at the book.

The book, which had displayed the words up to

True love is magic

The book with the letters suddenly fell silent. Then, all the letters in the book vanished abruptly. Otakia jumped up from her seat and grabbed the book.

"Black Flame Dragon! Wait a moment! What kind of magic is true love!"

She shook the book, but it showed no reaction. The tongue on the cover had disappeared and the mouth that greedily sought blood had turned into an ordinary slit. Otakia put the book down with a dissatisfied mutter.

"That guy didn't give enough blood. The Dark Flame Dragon is temperamental and doesn't drink the blood of the same person twice. Damn it, true love. I've never heard of such magic. It's driving me crazy with curiosity. Ugh!"

She shouted while tearing at her hair. However, I felt like I knew what the book was trying to say.

'True love is magic... or maybe it means true love. It was a story that only love could bring me out of this world. Capturing the male protagonist as the game system leads and gaining his love. In the end, it was back to square one.