Chapter 139

There was silence.

The strength gradually faded from Andrea's hand that had been holding my arm. He breathed a trembling sigh and rubbed his forehead.

"Yes, I... I love Del."

Even confessing to killing someone wouldn't look so miserable.

"I'm sorry."

I couldn't say anything and just stared at Andrea.

A man with a face as lifeless as a corpse, lips stained dark red from the aftermath of vomiting. Who on earth is this pitiful and wretched man, who has lost all his confidence and self-esteem, trembling like an abandoned dog? Was this really the Andrea I knew?

"With my own mouth, I kept saying... I love someone else, and I truly believed it, but it wasn't true. I know I'm stupid. I didn't ask you to accept my feelings. I just... I couldn't bear it without saying it. I'm sorry."

His voice was rough as if it had been dry for a very long time.

It was truly astonishing. Why and When did the handsome man who was always relaxed, playful, and confident become like this? It wasn't just because he was severely injured or weakened. I could tell that his heart was completely broken. And that was... because of me.

"Del will marry the Crown Prince. Congratulations. But I..."

Andrea lowered his head deeply, then looked up at me. His eyebrows were pitifully furrowed, and his pink eyes were wet with tears.

"But I can't stand it, Del. I don't want Del to be with another man. I don't like it when Del is with another man either. Not having you by my side... I really, really hate it."

"....."

"So, I tried to die. When I heard in prison that Del was going to get married. I wanted to die. But now, seeing Del looking at me again..."

Andrea mumbled, clouding his words, and then chuckled self-deprecatingly.

"Why did you save me? Why, why..."

I took a deep breath and raised my hand high, then swung it down.

Thud.

Andrea's body, suddenly struck on the back, lurched forward.

"Ugh!"

"Why did you save me?"

"Del, it hurts..."

"Why did you save me? Should I have let you die? Should I have let you die? The person I love?"

"...Huh?"

Andrea asked back stupidly. I felt like laughing at his goofy face, but I held it back. I couldn't laugh here. I wouldn't be able to say everything I wanted to say. I started pouring out all the words I had been thinking about earlier.

"Since Sablum, it's been like this. Andrea seemed to like me. And I told you all the time that I wanted to be your partner!"

"That's because you lost your memory..."

"Does losing my memory mean my heart becomes someone else's heart? We spent over a month together in Sablum. We even had sex. I was jealous and kept flirting with Andrea. I also asked to go to the palace together. You....Who said they didn't like me and left!"

As I was talking, I got really heated up

"For a whole week, you didn't come to the Royal Palace. I kept thinking about Andrea."