Chapter 42

How did I feel? I can speak about my feelings very easily and indifferently.

To some extent, I was embarrassed and disappointed. Of course, it is. As a modern person who grew up watching protagonists confront challenges and learn from fighting head-on, it didn't feel honorable to run away. However, I felt a sense of freedom that I could take a breather.

After going through complex emotional feelings hundreds or thousands of times throughout your life, you no longer feel shame or disappointment. You become accustomed to running away.

I opened my eyes wide and looked at Cain.

"I survived. That's what I think."

A somewhat aggressive tone came out. Well, did he expect me to be inspired by one question and decide to go slay monsters or something? I didn't hide the hostile gaze in my eyes.

However, Cain, unfazed, placed his palm on my cheek and said, "Don't you want to try feeling something different?"

He looked relaxed, and a wicked smile appeared.

"survived. Let's forget about that and instead think, "Wow, this is amazing".

His red lips whispered seductively. The corners of his mouth naturally curved upward. Amidst all this, He said.

"Once we go the beyond level of survival, the world will change. Just surviving won't be satisfying enough. Now that you know what you can do."

It felt like a temptation from the devil. His eyes, tempting and resembling sweet red rubies, were firm and full of life. Suddenly, the touch of his hand on my cheek felt extremely warm.

I slowly swallowed saliva. It felt like there was heat inside my throat.

Then, at that moment, a familiar ding-dong sound echoed.

1. (Standing up) Okay, let's go!

2. (Laughing) Monsters, shattered with a single use of my magic. The end.

3. (Taking off clothes) Let me feel something else...

In an instant, my blood ran cold. The choices the system presented me with were surprising as usual, but their content was urging me to face everything head-on.

Yeah, so even the system doesn't like that I've been just running away all the time.

"Ha...."

Amidst this, the fact that option 3 still included 'undressing' was bewildering. Without much enthusiasm, I chose option 1. Soon, my body, against my will, stood up energetically.

"Alright, let's go!"

I shouted while throwing a punch into the air fiercely into the sky. looked at me with a puzzled expression, seemingly amused by my sudden burst of energy.

"You're quick to change your attitude quickly. You..."

He said that while standing up, looking a bit awkward but seemed to take it positively.

"I'll help you right away, so don't worry."

Cain reached out his hand to me. I hesitated but ended up grabbing his hand. My hand fit perfectly into his large, soft hand. I worried about what would happen if the affinity rating reached 100 here or if an event triggered in front of monsters, but Cain just smiled at me. It was a reassuring, confident, and somewhat affectionate smile.

Well, even if I tried to run away alone, I wouldn't know how to activate the teleportation circle. It's not much different from having no other choice.

I gathered myself and confidently followed Cain's lead.