Chapter 52

"My back hurts so much. As I collapsed on the table, Andrea rushed over to me in surprise.

"What are you doing?"

His voice was sharper and fierce than ever before.

"You're asking to expel the soul. This staff contains spiritual power. If you beat with it with this, the soul will naturally leave."

"What if the body gets hurt?"

Andrea pointed at me.

"It leaves no scars on the body."

It was a cruel statement, that it brought back the tears that came out due to pain. Del Narcissus's body has to be fine, and whether my soul was damaged or not didn't matter? My insides boiled with frustration.

"I only know this method. If you don't like it, find another shaman."

The man spoke again, raising the staff high.

"Ahh!"

Why are there such crazy people!

I quickly moved away from the table, bouncing to the corner of the tent. Every bone in my back hurt. The idea of beating and exorcising the soul as if killing it was nothing different from a fraudulent shaman. I glared at Andrea with resentful eyes.

"Is this why you brought me here?"

Andrea smiled with a mix of embarrassment and apology.

"I'm sorry, I didn't exactly know what kind of ritual it was, just heard about it. Let's leave for now"

I waited and then came out of the tent. Andrea came out after about a minute. He rubbed his hands behind his back and said, emitting a faint smell of blood.

"I'm really sorry. Does it hurt a lot? Should we go see a doctor? If you want, you can go to the temple and receive healing with divine power."

"It's okay. Let's just go."

I started walking without turning back. I could feel Andrea struggling to follow behind, but I deliberately walked straight ahead, only looking forward. With each step, my arms moved naturally, causing my back to tense."

"I'm really sorry, that person is famous among the shamans for handling souls, but... it seems like it was a scam. I should have looked into it more carefully,  Mr. Fake just wait a moment. Your back hurts, right?"

Andrea gently grabbed my arm.

"Ugh...."

I moaned unconsciously, biting my lips, and Andrea quickly let go. Would hearing such a sound increase favorability or trigger arousal? I checked his head with a wary eye, but there was no change in his favorability. It seemed that he wasn't moved because I wasn't the real Del Narcissus. Well, at least that worked out

Thinking so, I took a few steps back from Andrea. He smiled as if understanding.

"I won't touch you. Let me at least treat you okay? It must hurt"

"If it was my soul that was hurt and not my body, you would have just left it alone."

"Oh... you were offended by what I said earlier."

He nodded, apologizing.

"What's important to me is Del Narcissus's body, not your soul. In fact, I want to return your soul as soon as possible. That's why I acted recklessly. I'll never do that again. I'll be careful not to harm your soul either...."

Andrea slowly approached me. His expression seemed somehow desperate and earnest. The calm face he had before suddenly lost its composure.

"Can't we get treatment first? So that the injury doesn't get worse."