Chapter 49

The favorability dropped so rapidly that a warning message appeared. It's been a while. Andrea's liking level was currently 33. Although not a low number considering the frightening rate at which it dropped by 10 at a time, the situation was dangerous. What if it fell below 0? Andrea might end my life.

What would happen if I died? Would my life really end here? Or would I be automatically logged out and return to reality? It would be nice if it were the latter, but the probability seemed very low. There was no concrete evidence. I just had a vague yet firm belief that an easy and happy ending wouldn't come my way.

At that moment, something glittered in Andrea's tight embrace. Initially, I thought it was a gem. However, as soon as I realized it was the light reflected on a blade, my spine shivered. If I stayed like this, I would truly die! I had to do something. Anything to salvage this situation... It felt like my eyeballs were spinning uncontrollably.

"I-I...Oh, amnesia! Amnesia! Shortly after my sister collapsed, I lost all my memories...

"Lie"

Andrea mercilessly cut off my remark. The black dagger that had been hiding in his arms came out a bit more.

"Losing memories should involve external factors. A significant shock to the head, brain damage from a high fever, or falling under a magic spell that turns you into an idiot. Of course, there could be psychological factors too. Having such a traumatic experience or suffering severe violence and wanting to forget it. However, Daffodil, you've been eating well, sleeping well, and waking up well, just like usual."

"When I was locked up in the prison!..."

"Even then, it was a family's underground prison, and you were treated humanely. There was a prisoner across from you who tried to approach you, but they said you blocked him by tearing down the iron bars. You weren't hurt at all."

The information level was like CCTV. He even knew about the elusive first possession event.

"Ice Prison, Temple, Aurora Forest, Royal Palace, Magic Tower. The most dangerous moments for you were when the chandelier almost fell on your head and when you fell in the Studdle Mountain Range. The chandelier never touched a single strand of your hair, and in the Studdle Mountain Range, you only broke your ankle. There was nothing wrong with your head."

It sent shivers down my spine. Of course, one could know everything, but... No, could they? How could Andrea possibly know all this?

"Therefore, using memory loss as an excuse is a lie. That's what I think."

Andrea smiled beautifully. The scabbard was now completely out of his arms, pointing directly at me. It felt like the knife might stab my neck or chest at any moment.

"Are you really going to kill me? For real? In this game world? Regardless of my true identity, this body is that of the real Del Narcissus, isn't it? Still, as a skilled assassin, you'd at least kill me painlessly, right? Please, at least do that... Amidst my scattered thoughts, he adjusted the sword. The blade had been held with the handle pointing upwards, but now he turned it downwards.

He's seriously thinking of killing me. That bastard.

"Uwaaah! Wait! Just wait! I'll tell the truth!"

I shouted while crossing my arms to shield my face. Words flowed out like a burst dam.

"This body is the real Del Narcissus. I'm possessed! I woke up one day, and I found myself in this body! It's true! I didn't say anything because I thought no one would believe me. I didn't take over this body willingly. I want to go back to my real home, more than anyone else! I want to escape from here more than anyone else!"