Chapter 122

"Whew...

Andrea plunged the knife into the chest of the man who had fallen, rubbing the nape of his neck where Andrea had received a blow earlier. The unconscious man, unlike before, died without any resistance.

The last target was difficult to deal with. Because he was a mercenary, he had skill in escaping and was formidable at fighting. His nose and mouth were stained with blood from being beaten so thoroughly that the target's every inch of their body was red. Nevertheless, Andrea managed to successfully bring him down and complete his request.

Andrea lay sprawled near the target. The clouds drifting leisurely in the blue sky looked beautiful. Was Del looking at the same sky? That's enough. Andrea thought so until a fit of coughing erupted from the depths of his chest, causing him to hunch over. In that moment, A shadow fell over Andrea

"What are you doing?"

The guild members responsible for handling the corpses had arrived. Both of them looked at Andrea with puzzled expressions.

"Why are you still here?"

Assassination requests included post-mortem handling processing. One is when the client wanted the death of the target to be widely known, and the other was when they wanted it to remain a secret.

This particular target belonged to the latter. At this point, the corpse collection team had been dispatched. Their role was limited to post-processing and cleaning, and they rarely encountered the assassination team.

Even the person in charge this time was Andrea, the guild leader. The corpse collection team had never even considered the possibility of meeting the assassination team.

"Cough, cough, uh, it's a bit difficult this time. Get to work. Cough."

A small clot of blood spurted out with the last cough. The blow to the nape of the neck seemed quite severe. Andrea wiped the blood away with the back of his hand and closed his eyes.

For the past three days, he had been perfectly fine. Overflowing with strength, he effortlessly dealt with unfinished requests in just two days. He also defeated a boar-like mercenary. Though he shed some blood in the process, it was Andrea who won anyway.

He didn't think much about Del. He didn't wonder about what he was doing or what decisions he would make.

Like the clouds in the sky floating by. Andrea was letting Del drift away like that.

"Um... Do we really need to handle this? No one will recognize him anyway."

A conversation among the corpse collection team members nearby could be heard.

"You've made his face completely unrecognizable..."

"Guild leader, did you have a personal grudge against this guy? His eyes, nose, and mouth are completely crushed. Why did you beat him so badly?"

Andrea turned his head slightly to glance at the side.

Did I do that? He couldn't remember. Andrea shrugged, then looked up at the sky again. The sky was truly beautiful.

***

Day 4

During mealtime, Hunter suggested a picnic in a small forest inside the palace. He said that it was a forest created for the hunting games of the imperial family. Despite thinking it was just another expensive location, I simply nodded.