Chapter 66

"After all, The Magic Tower is a space for magicians. Andrea couldn't stay here. Moreover, since I said, Cain and I had to cast a spell together, Andrea also knew that there was no place for him. As if it were natural, we said our goodbyes, and he smiled brightly.

"Haha, a bit sad, isn't it? Do you want to part with me so quickly?"

It was a face that didn't look sad at all. I shrugged my shoulders and told him what he wanted to hear.

"I'll contact you occasionally. You'll be curious about how things are going. Can I send a letter to "A Cup of Sugar"?

At my words, Andrea nodded with a raised corner of his mouth. Then waved goodbye and went outside. The door closed, and only silence remained in the room. I turned around to confirm that Andrea had really left.

Honestly, I didn't expect him to leave so willingly. I thought he would cling to me, nagging about sticking close to Del Narcissus's body, commuting from a cup of sugar to the Magic Tower, or just hanging around. Maybe since he found a sure way for me to go back, he might have judged that there was no need for him to go any further.

"A very reasonable decision."

I went to the bed and flopped down. The area where Andrea had been sitting was warm. I ran my hand over it. I could feel the warmth gradually fading away.

Yeah, everything is back on track. The relationship with the rest of the male leads is all over. I will appeal to Cain as a devoted disciple, gain his favor, and log out while maintaining my purity and chastity.

The fact that Cain considers the magicians of the Magic Tower as a family is also a plus for me. It would be difficult for someone you say is family to do 19 + things with. Just in case Cain goes crazy, or if a mature situation occurs because of the system or other events, the word 'family' would act as a brake for Cain.

"Good."

Really. Good.

I closed my eyes. The place where Andrea had been sitting was now cold.

***

The next morning, as soon as I opened my eyes, I put on the robe of Magic Tower and went to Cain's room with the newly received wand. Despite the early hour, Cain seemed to have been awake for a long time, engrossed in some kind of experiment. Or maybe he didn't sleep at all?

"I'm here."

I said, but he didn't even lift his head. I tried to make my presence known, but all Cain said dryly was, "Oh, come in." In the end, I had to grab a chair around Cain and sit, waiting for his experiment to finish. I felt like I was being treated poorly, but I was happy about it.

Yes, that's the attitude. Cain, rather than love, magic is better! That's the attitude. I silently sang a song, tapping my crossed legs to the rhythm. Watching the transparent liquid flow through the twisted glass tubes was not boring at all. Cain mixed and stirred liquids of various colors, attentively observing the glass tubes. Next to him, a quill automatically recorded the experimental results on paper for the past 20 minutes. It was a fascinating sight.

If I could learn magic more properly from Cain, could I do something like that? Wouldn't it be incredibly convenient if magic could do everything for me without me moving a muscle? Could I still use magic when I return to the original world? Maybe not, because the world is different. But since I've learned it, shouldn't I be able to use it?

Lost in various thoughts, Cain snapped his fingers loudly. The pen that had been moving automatically fell. The glass tube that had been making bubbling sounds also fell silent. He stretched and turned back at me.