Chapter 97 ⚠️

(*warning contains 19+ content*)

Of course, I had no intention of leaving immediately. I still lacked the courage to do that. But, just knowing the possibility made me feel much more at ease. Besides, Andrea also said he would go with me.

After taking a deep breath, I left the bathroom with a confident expression. Since the unpleasant Fernando had returned as a servant, I needed to be even stricter.

But when I came out, Fernando was nowhere to be seen, and Andrea was sitting alone on the sofa. As I looked around with a puzzled expression, Andrea explained.

"I talked to Fernando and convinced him. He doesn't seem to think he should stick around the angel anymore, considering he almost harmed you. He said he'll talk to the chief again."

As Andrea walked towards me. He smelled of sand and wind, as if he had been outside.

"Maybe Fernando will be sent to another tribe, or something like that. Anyway, he won't bother Del anymore." He chuckled.

His laughter was very pleasing. I was relieved that the situation was resolved well. Andrea was good at fighting, but he was even better at giving calming advice so he was trustworthy. Well, at least I wanted to believe that.

I nodded without saying anything, went to the bed, and lay down without any response. I felt tremendous fatigue overwhelmed me. Suddenly, I noticed a centipede clinging to the corner of the ceiling. The centipede moved quietly but moved his many legs at a slow speed. It must be frustrating for that centipede.

But, I chuckled. Who was I to complain about frustration?

The centipede would be frustrated if it saw me, too. Even the centipede can walk anywhere and go outside to leave this big house whenever it wants, but what about me? who lives as if I've locked myself in this house just because of the comfort and care provided to me.

Unable to speak, not in good health, receiving divine punishment, etc. I was the one who suggested sitting quietly in this house for various reasons. When Andrea suggested leaving, I dismissed it as nonsense. It was also me who disrespected the person staying by my side, imitating someone else's unrequited love, just to boost the favorability.

Come to think of it, the house had become silent at some point. Andrea, Andrea! Why isn't he talking? Did he leave?

I quickly got up from the bed. Due to getting up too fast, everything turned pitch black in front of my eyes, and dizziness suddenly struck me. I closed my eyes tightly and touched my forehead.

At that moment, Andrea's voice came flying in.

"Del! What's wrong?"

As the dizziness subsided and my vision cleared, I opened my eyes and saw Andrea sitting by the bed. His face was serious and worried, with a handsome face. His always affectionate, beautiful pink eyes were focused on me. The man who was anxiously waiting for my response was right in front of me.

An unknown, intense, and messy emotion welled up. The once clear vision was blurred again by tears. My nose became stuffy, and heat rose to my face. The corners of my mouth kept drooping, so I raised my arm to cover my face. I didn't want to show an ugly sight of crying after becoming an angel.

However, it seemed more worrisome that I was trying not to make eye contact by suddenly bursting into tears. Andrea lowered my arm and gently cupped my face with both hands. He silently stroked my face. It was when I shamefully lowered my gaze, revealing tearful eyes, a reddened nose, cheeks flushed, swollen lips forming a downward curve, and a wrinkled chin.