Chapter 62

"I was startled and placed my hand on the left side of my chest. As I frowned and clutched my chest, Andrea stopped fanning me and crouched in front of me. Looking at me with a concerned expression, he asked.

'What's wrong?'

I didn't know either. As I looked at Andrea with such a face, the chest pain had already disappeared without a trace. Somehow, his worried expression made me feel relieved.

"No, I'm fine. Let's just go. We need to find that dark magic place or whatever as soon as possible, this tiresome journey will come to an end."

I said so and stood up confidently.

"...Yes."

Andrea, belatedly agreeing with my words, stood up after me. He gently put a hat on me and tied the hat strap under my chin. A perfect ribbon dangled below my chin.

After answering Andrea's question about whether I was really okay three times, he lifted me onto the horse. The horse neighed unpleasantly, but it didn't run wild like before and didn't ignore Andrea's control. Thanks to that, we could move comfortably and arrive at our destination a little faster than Andrea had predicted.

***

I had imagined a terrifying and ominous human as the dark magician, but the one who appeared before us was a young woman with thick glasses. If she took off her glasses, she would have been quite the beauty, but her eyes were popping out through layers of the compressed glass inside the glasses, she looked a bit strange.

"What is this?"

The dark magician lifted her glasses and muttered.

"Quite attractive young men. Have they come to be my sacrifice by their own will, hehe?."

Rolling her eyes and babbling to herself sounded very strange. However, the word 'sacrifice' was unsettling, so I took a step back cautiously.

Andrea moved forward a bit. Naturally, my body was hidden behind his back. Is he intentionally hiding me? I had that thought for a moment, but soon, the dark magician made a loud noise, saying "Eek!" and moved away into the distance with a loud noise.

"It's like light is pouring out of my face! It's hard. Could it be a light magician?"

"Haha, not a magician. Sorry if you were expecting that."

Andrea said with a friendly smile, startling the dark magician. Not knowing how to respond to his words, she started running away in even greater fright.

"Oh... you're quite scared."

Andrea said in a pitiful tone and then moved towards the direction where she had run. It didn't seem like she was walking very fast, but in just a few steps, he caught up with the dark magician.

The dark magician, who was turning the key in the lock of a modest single-story brick house, screamed again at Andrea's shadow looming over her.

"What do you want? You wicked handsome man!"

"I came for a request. Are you the dark magician Otakia?"

She hesitated for a moment, glanced at Andrea and me standing a bit behind him, and then asked in a mumbling tone.

"What request did you come to see me for?"

"Can we discuss it inside?"

Andrea asked with a grin. Otakia seemed utterly surprised, as if walls or furniture were talking to her, but she soon turned and opened the door with the key. The doorknob vibrated as her hands trembled.