Chapter 44

Is it a monster or a wild animal?

If I were to hope, it could be Cain coming to find me. However, I just fell, and even if Cain heard the sound of my fall, the likelihood of him immediately coming to this place, and not from above but from the bushes behind, seemed slim.

I've sprained my ankle. Even if that weren't the case, I knew nothing about martial arts. A complete novice, a trainee mage who couldn't use magic without a wand, and the system might help me, but the system may help me, but the system only pops up when I'm dealing with a male lead.

If that thing is a monster or a wild animal, I'll die here.

As that thought crossed my mind, defeat rather than fear arose. The ability to feel fear and hope only existed when there was a chance to escape. At this moment, I was just a prey, weak and trembling before the predator.

Rustle.

Finally, the object revealed itself from the bushes. It wasn't a beast. It was much taller, wearing a black cloth over its face—revealing only its eyes.

"Huh?"

I doubted my own eyes. Standing before me was not a monster but just a human male. The man lowered the black cloth covering his mouth and greeted me with a friendly smile.

"Hello? Do you need help?"

I looked up at the smiling man in front of me. Even without looking in the mirror, I could see how stupid my expression was right now.

"Are you hurt by chance?"

I... knew who he was. Even in this dark forest, his bright and handsome face, refreshing and charming smile, and pink eyes that did not match his dark hair were shining alone. And the last male protagonist, the only one I could not defeat while playing the game in real life.

[Andrea Sloane / Assassination Guild Leader / Secret Shadow / Favorability 75]

"Cough! Cough, cough."

I read the personal character information above his head. I was so surprised, I started coughing like crazy.

Andrea Sloane

"Are you okay?"

His kind and concerned eyes quickly filled with worry. He carefully sat in front of me and patted my back. However, I was stuck in one place no matter what he did. I was fixed on one thing.

Favorability 75.

What the hell is this... What's happened?

Now, the fear that didn't occur to me earlier settled in. It was a natural emotion when witnessing something incomprehensible to humans. I was meeting Andrea for the first time here, so why on earth is the favorability...

"Oh my, you must be scared of me."

Andrea said, drooping his eyebrows. He removed his hand from my back and stepped back a few steps. Then, he knelt on one knee, and brought his fist respectfully to his chest—a gesture of knightly courtesy.

"I am Sir Edward Chadwick, a knight of the Count Guana family. I came here with the knight order for the regular monster subjugation and heard the sound of something crashing while finishing up in the rear. However, I didn't expect to find a person."

He said he thought it might be a beast at best and eagerly rushed here, thinking of roasting it for food.

"If it were a monster, we were planning to finish it off."

Then, he exclaimed as he shouted with a bright expression.

"If it's a monster, let's finish it!"

"......?"