Chapter 39

Cain didn't stop. He ignored my words and went to the lower floor. I followed him down the spiral staircase, observing his broad back, the white hem of his gown swaying near his thighs, and his long legs moving fast.

"How far are you going?"

"Stop following me!"

Even from a distance, I could see his ears turning red. Cain seemed determined to shake me off and started running down the stairs and down the hallway. There were many closed doors in the hallways, but only four had name tags among them. Cain opened the door labeled 'Heron' and entered.

I extended my foot before the door closed. I was worried about what would happen if the door closed without regard for my foot, whether it would break or not, but fortunately, that didn't happen.

I entered Heron's room. Cain looked at me with a puzzled expression. However, contrary to his expression...

[Cain's likability has increased by +10!]

[Cain's likability is now over 20, triggering the 'Lucky Lust' event!]

Likability increased by another 10 points. An event was triggered again.

Was he happy that I followed him to the end? Was this person really someone who wished for someone's attention and affection to this extent?

I wasn't particularly afraid of the event being triggered. Now, Cain looked completely like a child in my eyes. As I thought about it, he shouted with a pout.

"Why! Why did you follow me and make that expression?"

"It's nothing. By the way, is this Heron's room?"

I looked around the room and looked around the room. The room was very spacious. I hadn't noticed it from the corridor, but inside, it had the structure of an average house. There was a living room, bedroom, bathroom, and toilet. There was also a small closed room with a door.

"Right. And Heron is less skilled in transformation magic than me. He's probably not even free enough to play such games with you. Heron has a worse personality."

After Cain grumpily spoke, he forcefully opened the door to the small room without even knocking. To my surprise, I heard Heron sighing inside.

"Please, knock before entering, Lord of the Magic Tower."

"Hey, Heron, try transforming into anything."

"Suddenly? I am currently researching the operational range of crop cultivation magic."

"You can do that later. Transform now. Show it to him."

"Really?"

Upon hearing that, I peered into the small room. There was nothing inside. Well, it might be more accurate to say there were no furniture or items, but the walls and floor were covered with intricate magic circles. Except for the ceiling, all sides of the walls and floor were entirely ink-black. Honestly, it looked like a location from a horror movie.

Heron, standing in the room with a quill in hand, looked neat and tidy. Cain was looking at me very calmly as if he found the appearance of this room entirely normal.

Are all magicians like this?

"You're a non-mage, right? Your Mana is a bit unique, though."

Heron asked.

"Yes, I don't know how to use magic."

I answered calmly.

"It's tiring for non-magicians. They think of magic as some kind of trick. To use magic, you need to understand formulas, have a starting medium, and have enough mana. That's what I mean."

Avoid 19-rated contentOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara