Chapter 120

After Hunter left, Cain came in, followed by Alan. I asked each of them what they talked about with Hunter. Andrea, however, didn't enter. He seemed like someone trying to sort out his relationship with me. Despite just a while ago and pouring his heart out calling me "master!".

I didn't believe he was trying to kill me. He had plenty of opportunities before, but Andrea didn't hurt me, let alone attempt to assassinate me. This means that either he is a terrible assassin or a terrible liar. I leaned towards the latter.

"I'll be staying at the Palace with His Royal Highness the Crown Prince for a week."

I announced, calling everyone inside. Cain and Alan, who had already heard about it during the private meeting, were displeased but didn't voice their objections. Andrea, however, seemed surprised and quickly looked away when our eyes met.

This week was not only a chance for Hunter but also a grace period for Andrea. Whether he would continue with his lies and leave or be true to his feelings and stay by my side, this is the decision Andrea had to make.

I, too, had a decision to make. Because of the quest, I had to accept a marriage proposal, but whether I would live as the Crown Princess or not depended on my answer.

And so, an important week began for us.

***

One week

The reason Cain and Alan were relatively calm when I mentioned going to the palace was that they were able to follow me as well. Cain said he would use a transformation spell to sneak in, and Alan mentioned being able to stay in a small Church within the palace.

"What about Andrea?" I asked.

Others answered before Andrea,

"Anyone can enter the palace, didn't you know, Mana vessel? Did you become a fool when you lost your memories? Isn't memory different from intelligence?"

"Narcissus, Brother Andrea should part ways here,"

Cain was able to enter the palace as a Magic Tower Lord without using a transformation spell. But he chose to transform because it was annoying.

Alan, a soon-to-be high-ranking priest, could stay anywhere within the Churches of Empire as long as he wanted. He didn't bother about accommodation while traveling, because all churches of the Empire were like his home.

I was a member of a noble family and was even officially announced as the prospective Crown Princess. Above all that, I was a guest invited by the Crown Prince.

However, Andrea was just a commoner, a guild leader. Whether he was strong, wealthy, or capable didn't matter, the threshold of the palace was too high for him. Unless he invaded secretly, finding a way for him to enter the palace was difficult.

"If you want to come as my guest, I can provide a permit for a day...but does the guild leader have to follow me to the palace?"

Hunter seemed puzzled, not knowing about the close relationship between Andrea and me. To Hunter, Andrea was just an information guild leader hired to find me. Andrea had no significance to Hunter.

Before I could say anything, Andrea quickly interjected,

"There's no need to take me along. The task you entrusted to me is done, so I'll head back now."

Andrea briefly bowed to Hunter. I was surprised and looked at him, but he stubbornly avoided eye contact.

"Yeah, yeah, be quick and get out of here quickly,"