Chapter 33

Drinking the potion didn't immediately show its effects. I returned to the party, leaving Cain alone. The purpose of coming here was to meet Cain, and that was achieved.

The dancing had ended long ago, and the Emperor seemed to leave only after showing his face. Nobles formed groups, laughing and waving their extravagant jewelry and feathered fans. The air was filled with the sweet and intoxicating scent of perfume.

Other than the fact that the chandelier had fallen from the ceiling earlier, it was hard to tell if any issues had occurred during the party. The magically lit candles burned even brighter, and the servants tirelessly served drinks and food.

Leaning against the wall, I observed the splendid world before me. It was a beautiful and extravagant world. If I chose to be with Hunter, I could be part of this world.

"Did you get lost on the way?"

A low and calm voice came from the side. It was a voice that immediately made the party noise fade away. I stood upright with my back against the wall.

"I met an unexpected guest while going to the bathroom."

"Unexpected guest?"

Hunter furrowed his brow.

"I'll tell you later. But more importantly, I have something to discuss. Would you like to step out to the garden for a moment?"

I took Hunter's hand and led him out of the party. As soon as my hand touched his, a notification about increased affinity appeared above Hunter's head. Suppressing the bitter laughter that wanted to burst out, I led him towards the garden.

I brought Hunter towards the secluded garden and faced Hunter directly. The party lights gently descended over his eyebrow bones and nose. He was truly a very handsome man. Looking at his perfectly sculpted face that seemed to have been sculpted by God, I became a little depressed.

"Something happened."

Hunter stared at my expression for a moment and reached a conclusion.

"Yes, something did. But I'm not here to talk about that now."

I had called Hunter to this place to carry out the final task.

How should one behave to avoid revealing that they deliberately feigned Mana deficiency Well, you should act as if you are completely oblivious to such an illness. For example, indulge in pink imagination of marriage and talk about future plans, or consider your health as default and tightly schedule your activities.

After a while, he would be an important witness to my collapsing from Mana deficiency, witnessing it firsthand. At the same time, he would be the one I would be deceiving from start to finish. No matter how much I thought of it as a decision necessary to protect my body, even if he was just a game character, abandoning someone who had feelings and affection for me is not easy.

It wasn't easy...

"Your Royal Highness, I don't enjoy these kinds of parties. In the past, I used to go out and have fun without coming to my senses, but now that I'm married, I want to maintain my dignity."

"Parties usually aren't associated with dignity."

"Oh. Anyway, I would like to have more time to stroll through the garden or engage in calm conversations. Also, I have many plans for things I want to do together with Your Highness. Would you be interested in hearing about them?"

Hunter's face relaxed a bit at my words. He faintly smiled and nodded.

"Sure."

As he answered, a refreshing breeze blew. The scent of dense grass and the leisurely fragrance of summer night tickled my nostrils. Hunter delicately reached out and tidied my hair, the movement careful and considerate.