Chapter 10

As it was a hidden quest, neither rewards nor penalties appeared. I stared at the system window in front of me with a puzzled expression. Khan seemed to think that my gaze was directed at him and sneered at me with a cold gaze.

"I can't grasp what's going on with you. Acting all pitiful and innocent, then pretending to lose your mind. Have you decided to behave as you please now?"

There were many things I wanted to say, but if I said them all, I felt like I might run out of breath. So, I shamelessly raised my chin.

"Look at my face."

"I am looking."

"What are you thinking?"

Without giving him a chance to answer, I continued.

"It's beautiful. Innocent. Fresh. Elegant. In a word, amazing. Well, that's probably what you're thinking."

"Huh?"

"I am the Daffodil of the empire with this beauty alone. You can't expect me to remember all the things that follow me."

In reality, Del Narcissus's face was stunningly beautiful, breathtakingly so. Since I acquired this body, looking in the mirror has been incredibly amusing. Perhaps because he was a male character who had to conquer male protagonists, he was more of a beautiful man suited for the term "pretty" than "handsome." Either way, his appearance was spectacular.

"So, I have no intention of going to some trash village or whatever. Rather, send that maid there. She's the thief who stole Your Grace's belongings."

Khan was fundamentally a conqueror. Fighting monsters, relentlessly subjugating prisoners, making them bow under his feet like a doormat, an alpha male who forced everything disobedient into submission through strength. Saying that I willingly wanted to go to a trash village might trigger an instinctive aversion, and who knows, he might decide to drag me into his bedroom.

So, I had to say the opposite. If I wanted to go to the trash village, I needed to pretend that I didn't want to go, and if I wanted to save Miriam, I had to demand her death. That was the analysis of the player, me.

[Khan Alexis's favorability has decreased by -1!]

As expected, I inwardly formed a triumphant smile.

"Del Narcissus, if you don't go to the trash village, you'll stay here as my prisoner. Do you understand what that means?"

Khan left the unconscious Miriam behind and approached me step by step. His golden eyes sparkled strangely.

"It means I'm going to chew you up from head to toe."

A rough and sharp excitement flickered like flames in his eyes. As he approached me step by step, an overwhelming sense of intimidation emanated from him. The winter scent carried by the northern wind was thick in Khan as well.

[Khan Alexis's favorability has decreased by -1!]

As he approached, there was not a trace of a smile on his face, his cheeks were flushed, and he focused intently on me. It was as if... he had been granted permission to attack an enemy, like a hunting dog.

Although his favorability was steadily decreasing, something seemed off. Why did his face appear as if he was expecting something? After all, he should be disappointed in me in real-time as a human.

Shouldn't he expel me to the trash village immediately?

"If that's what you want, there's no choice. Rather than leaving your punishment to the trash of the trash village, I can only reform you."