Chapter 101

In confusion, I looked at the tribal Chief but Alan, who had been standing in front of me, suddenly shielded me with his body. Andrea, who was sitting on the sofa, also stood up and confronted the Chief with a fierce expression. Both of them displayed quick and sharp reactions, like experienced predators meeting their enemy.

"I accepted having an outsider by your side, but I sensed something different since you sent Fernando away. They claim you, the angel, were falling from grace"

What nonsense is this?

"No, I'm not an angel in the first place..."

"Come in!" the Chief interrupted me, shouting. My attendants and guards entered the room. Among them was Fernando, who stood at the back. Even though he entered, he kept his head down and tried to hide among the others.

"Everyone saw it. The fall of the angel, deceived by the words of outsiders," the Chief declared.

"No, I'm not deceived, but it's clear I'm from..."

"Silence!"

The Chief cut me off and shouted. His voice echoed through the house, causing a painful sensation in my ears.

"First, it would be best to isolate the angel from them, Chief!" someone suggested. The Chief, as if waiting for that, pointed towards me.

"Seize the angel!"

My attendants rushed towards me. At the same time, Andrea blocked my way, and Alan turned his body to hug me. In an instant, it became a confrontation between us and them.

"I tried to explain it nicely... This is why killing is cleaner, isn't it, Fernando?"

Andrea said calmly, as he twirled the dagger he had taken out at some point

Fernando, who was suddenly called, cowered and trembled. Just as I was curious about what Fernando might have done to be so scared, the tribal Chief clicked his tongue with a disapproving look on his face.

"Get that idiot out of here! He has completely lost his qualifications as a warrior."

Someone kicked Fernando, and he was thrown out without uttering a scream. However, he quickly got up and fled without making any noise.

"I know you are strong, but our warriors are strong too."

The Chief sneered at Andrea. Extending his arm like a general giving a combat order, the attendants suddenly wore their hoods, the ones they always wore around their necks, over their faces. The Chief did the same. At that instant, our group paused, taken aback by their simultaneous, bizarre actions.

Thunk.

The servant standing at the forefront suddenly scattered something from a pouch towards us. Shimmering brown powder filled the air, appearing like hazy smoke due to its fine particles.

Andrea shouted.

"Don't breathe!"

I buried my face as much as possible in Alan's shoulder. However, Alan, focused on shielding me, also had to endure the stifling air.

"Ugh..."

I felt strength disappear from Alan's arms that were hugging me. I hugged him tightly as he was about to collapse. But it was pointless. Alan's body became heavy and collapsed backward.

When Alan, who was blocking the front fell, My view widened. Andrea, who was standing one step in front of Alan and me, was covering his nose and mouth with one arm but his posture was unstable. He seemed to be barely holding on.