Chapter 77

The employees mentioned that such incidents happen often. Magic circles are like very delicate and precise formulas, so if even one thing is off, the destination can change.

He seemed to have experienced such situations casually and generously offered to cover accommodation expenses at an inn connected to the office, allowing me to stay overnight. He assured me that he would fix the magic circle tomorrow and send me back to the original destination.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yes, we need a magician to fix the magic circle, and our magician has a scheduled checkup tomorrow."

"What time tomorrow?"

The time limit was 24 hours, and it was until 10 AM tomorrow. When I urgently and anxiously asked, the employee straightened up. As soon as he realized the urgency of my situation, it seemed like he detected a potential problem.

"But he'll definitely come by 10 AM tomorrow."

"No! Can't he come earlier? If I leave at 10 AM, I'll be in big trouble. I'll lose my hair and everything."

"Well? Um, I'll try contacting the magician. Considering the magician's personality, he might not come unless it's the agreed-upon time."

This was not good. If the magician didn't come before 10 AM, I would face all those penalties at once and probably end up in a miserable state. I couldn't die so foolishly. How did I manage to survive until now?

My complexion must have looked terrible because the employee scratched his forehead and took out another bead from a drawer. It was a communication bead. As he infused mana into it, the bead glowed purple. He turned to me and quickly whispered something to the bead. Even through the bead, I could sense the person's voice. Although I couldn't make out the details, the tone seemed agitated, as if questioning why they had to do something.

I leaned over the counter, facing the window.

"Excuse me! Can I say something? I'll kneel down and beg. I'll pay you money. I don't have it right now, but once I arrive... Oh! And I have a treasure from the prestigious Duke's family. I'm also friends with Magic Tower Lord! Do you know Magic Tower Lord, magician? I can introduce you!"

The employee looked at me pitifully as I desperately shouted. He spoke to the bead.

"Did you hear that? How urgently he's boasting. Can't you just come once?"

"Well, even if I wanted to go, I can't! I'm brewing a potion with a piece of a dragon's heart right now! Do you know how precious and dangerous this ingredient is? It could explode while I'm away for a moment! Not only my house, but the whole village could fly away!"

The employee frowned at me. It seemed like he was expressing with his facial muscles that there was nothing he could do.

Why would anyone make a potion that could make an entire village fly away in the first place?

"Well, then, I'll go to where the magician is! You just teleport me from there. I'll pay you double, no, triple the transportation fee!"

Since Cain or Andrea has a lot of money, borrowing a bit should be fine. For now, returning was urgent.

The ticket for using the teleportation magic circle was 50 silver, quite expensive. The magician seemed hesitant at the offer of triple payment, and there was a moment of silence. After a while, the bead conveyed the magician's acceptance.

"It will take about 6 hours if you ride a horse at full speed. When you get here, I'll draw the teleportation magic circle for you."

Although I hesitated at the idea of riding a horse, now was not the time to argue. Despite knowing that the magician wouldn't see, I bowed repeatedly as I thanked him.