Chapter 12

Xiu Ling didn't sleep well at night, and woke up again before six o'clock the next morning. At this time, the sky on the third star was not yet bright, and the energy star closest to it was glowing red in the darkness. Red light filled the sky of the Third Star, and the entire city was enveloped in this gentle and charming light.

It is widely rumored on the Internet that there are three heart-stopping romantic scenery in the interstellar world - the sea of ​​flowers of Yehe Lake in the Empire, the fairyland of thousands of peaks in the clouds and stars, and the morning sky of the third star.

If Gu Yin hadn't been lying beside him, Xiu Ling would have gotten up and opened the curtains to enjoy the beautiful scenery.

In fact, Gu Yin's work and rest schedule was very regular. At half past six, he opened his eyes on time. First, he subconsciously turned his head to look at Xiu Ling, then got dressed and went downstairs.

Xiu Ling heard the sound of him closing the door and slowly got up from the quilt. She walked into the bathroom and saw that there were indeed two thick dark circles under her eyes. His skin was already very white, so the two dark circles under his eyes were even more conspicuous.

Xiu Ling washed his face carelessly, scanned his mouth with the mouth cleaner hanging on the wall, changed into very casual sportswear, and walked out of the bedroom cautiously.

The bedroom is located on the easternmost side of the second floor. Through a wooden carved corridor, there is a mahogany spiral staircase. Yesterday, Xiu Ling didn't have time to take a closer look, but now he discovered that the corridor was full of flowers, some of which were native plants of the third star, and some of which were varieties cultivated by the empire in recent years.

The Empire's technology in plant cultivation is far ahead. The National Plant Department cultivates a large number of new varieties every year. They give these flowers and plants nice names and give each plant a different symbolic meaning for sale to the people and other planets.

The flowers and plants hanging in the corridor contain the best wishes of "harmony, beauty, peace, and health" in the plant culture of the empire.

Xiu Ling couldn't help but pause. He paused for a long time in front of a bunch of light yellow jade and flowers, and then slowly descended the spiral staircase.

The hall on the first floor was very deserted. The few maids left early yesterday. The wind blew up the curtains in the living room and gently flapped them on the display shelf on the side.

Gu's house is not very luxurious. Some of the robots used in it are old models from more than ten years ago. The sofa is a simple fabric sofa. The material of the display stand does not seem to be precious wood. There are only a few expensive items placed here and there. A porcelain doll with a period feel.

It is said that many third-star families like to place several dolls in their living rooms in the hope of giving birth to more children.

Xiu Ling's heart was pounding: Is Gu Yin placing dolls in the living room for the sake of his children? He is not young anymore and probably really wants a child.

Thinking of the child, Xiu Ling's mind became even more confused. He sat on the sofa uneasily, with a vague pain in his lower abdomen.

"——Madam?" A voice suddenly sounded from behind.

Xiu Ling turned around and saw a neatly dressed old woman standing at the door of the kitchen, looking at him with a smile.

Xiu Ling stood up: "Excuse me, who are you -"

"I am the servant here, my surname is Zhang. You can just call me Zhang Ma. I am responsible for the food of you and Mr. Gu." Ma Zhang looked up and down. Xiu Ling glanced at her and said with a smile on her face: "I cooked the bowl of porridge that you drank last night, madam. I wonder if it suits your taste?"

She said in her heart that this lady is really beautiful, and she married Gu Yin. , It's true that this good skin is a bit wasted.

Gu Yin's appearance is too sharp, with long eyebrows, high cheekbones, and an unusually tall figure. He is very difficult to mess with at first glance. If it weren't for the scar on his face, there might be some bold Omegas who would hate him because of his strength. He fell in love with him due to his mental strength, but the scar that penetrated half of his face completely ruined his relationship with being an Omega. In addition, his eyes were extremely sharp and sinister, and few Omegas dared to look at him.

Thank you so much, madam.

Zhang Ma always thought with regret, what about the aristocrats of the empire's royal family? They grew up in fine clothes and fine food, but in the end they were married to a remote third planet, and they were not as good as some ordinary people.

"Zhang Ma..." Xiu Ling felt that the word "Madam" was very different from what she heard: "My surname is Xiu, you can just call me Xiu Ling from now on." "

How can that be done?" Zhang Ma said, "So many No, it seems unruly, and Mr. Gu will be unhappy if he hears this."

Xiu Ling said, "Then just call me Mr. Xiu."

Zhang Ma intended to please Xiu Ling, nodded her head obediently, bowed slightly and said, " Mr. Xiu, I made breakfast for you and Mr. Gu. Mr. Gu has something to do and has gone out. Do you want to eat now?"

Xiu Ling still had no appetite, but he remembered the bowl of lily porridge with the flavor of his hometown that he drank last night and knew it was The old woman in front of him did it, and he swallowed the words of rejection again.

"I made turtle dumplings and green wheat cakes." Zhang Ma saw his hesitation and quickly added. Tutuan fish and green wheat cakes are famous snacks in the empire. There is a saying in the empire: The daily consumption of the imperial people on tutuan fish and green wheat cakes can buy a small white mineral star. The book introducing the dietary customs of the empire also states that in the empire, nine out of ten people like to eat turtle balls, and eight out of ten people like to eat green wheat cakes.

Unfortunately, Xiu Ling neither belonged to these nine nor to these eight, but he couldn't bear to offend the old man and nodded lightly.

Zhang Ma said happily: "Are you going to the dining room to eat, or in the living room? Shall I bring it out to you?"

"Go to the dining room." Xiu Ling stood up and motioned to Zhang Ma to take him to the dining room. When they were children, their family was used to eating in the dining room. Xiu's family's dining room was not big, just a small room. It was separated from the kitchen by a beautiful screen. He and Xiu Cheng often ate while surrounding the screen. Running around, their father and mother never asked them to "eat with dignity". At most, they would tap him on the forehead with chopsticks and say "naughty".

But that was more than ten or twenty years ago. At that time, Xiucheng was still very lively. He was a head taller than me and his legs were longer than her. He often deliberately slowed down and pretended that he couldn't catch up with him.

Xiu Ling suddenly felt sour in his heart. He missed his parents and his brother.

"Mr. Xiu," Zhang Ma took him to a cubicle next to the kitchen, pulled out a chair from under the table, and said diligently, "Sit down." Xiu Ling shook his head, thinking that he

would sit down after eating. Go open the terminal and tell your parents and brothers that you are safe.

He sat on the chair, boredly picked up the cup and watered the flowers on the dining table. At this moment, I suddenly heard Zhang Ma's voice coming from the kitchen: "Hey! Little ancestor, have you finished your homework?"

Xiu Ling was startled and was about to see who else was in the kitchen. Zhang Ma was holding a plate. When he came out, a little tail followed him step by step.

Xiu Ling: "..."

The little guy is about four or five years old. He is a very shy little Omega. His eyes are black and white, and his eyelashes are very long. His whole face is powdery. He is wearing a pair of overalls with little yellow croakers painted on them. He holds his arms in both hands. Holding Zhang Ma's legs, half of her face peeked out from behind Zhang Ma's legs to secretly look at Xiu Ling.

"This is my little grandson." Zhang Ma smiled and said, "He is an Omega. He is still young and has never seen the world. Mr. Xiu, don't be offended."

Xiu Ling shook his head. He had rarely been in contact with children since he went to college. The last child of this age that I saw was Xun Yi, but Xun Yi was an alpha. Even though he was asleep, his aura was still very domineering, unlike the soft and sweet child in front of him.

"Xiao Yan." Mother Zhang put down the plate, pushed her little grandson forward, and whispered: "This is Mr. Xiu. You go over and say hello to Mr. Xiu."

The little Omega glanced at Xiu Ling timidly. He walked over and whispered, "Hello, Mr. Xiu."

"..." Xiu Ling didn't know how to get along with children, so she said "hello" bravely and sat back in her seat awkwardly.

The big one and the small one looked at each other, but no one said anything.

Zhang Ma laughed. She touched her grandson's head and said to Xiu Ling: "He was going to school today, but he was not in good health, so he asked for a day off. My son and daughter-in-law both have to go to work, and I don't have time to take care of him." My child, he has no choice but to follow me here. Xiao Yan is very sensible and will not disturb you, sir. I hope you don't mind."

Xiu Ling did not hate children and smiled at Xiao Yan, which was regarded as acquiescence.

Zhang Ma's wife passed away early, her son worked in the military and often didn't come home for months, and her daughter-in-law was a career-oriented Omega. It was really painful to care for her child, but she was also really busy with work. Xiao Yan spent most of his time with his grandma. Zhang's mother thought about taking care of her grandson full time, but Gu Yin didn't have much life here, and she didn't like to be idle, so she didn't resign.

Xiao Yanren is also well-behaved. Whenever he comes, he sits on a small table in the kitchen and draws or writes. He never wanders around. He is small and quiet to begin with. Once he sits at the table, he has almost no sense of existence.

If Zhang's mother had no choice but to bring Xiao Yan here before, then she did it deliberately this time.

She thought that her little grandson was well-behaved and beautiful and would definitely win Xiu Ling's favor. In this way, she would be one step closer to her wish to send her little grandson to the empire.

"Mr. Xiu, please eat." Zhang Ma is a good person. She knew that her grandson's face was also exposed and he chatted with Xiu Ling. That's it for today. If he continues to show off in front of Xiu Ling, it won't be good. .

"I'll take Xiao Yan to the kitchen." She held Xiao Yan's hand: "Be good, go and do your homework, otherwise you won't understand the teacher's lecture."

Xiao Yan didn't know if he listened, and his eyes He just secretly looked at Xiu Ling.

"Wait." Xiu Ling stopped Zhang Ma, squatted down and touched Xiao Yan's head: "Xiao Yan, right? Have you eaten? If not, eat with me." Zhang Ma was so happy when she heard this

, Without waiting for Xiao Yan to react, she pushed her grandson and said, "Thank you, Mr. Xiu."

The little guy said in a whisper, "Thank you, Mr. Xiu."

"..." Xiu Ling: "Call me brother." ."

Zhang's mother pushed her grandson again: "Thank you, brother."

"Thank you, brother."

Xiu Ling smiled, picked him up and put him on a chair next to her, and put his plate on both sides. among people.

This was what Gu Yin saw when he walked to the door of the dining room. His partner was holding a small spoon and feeding soup to the little Omega next to him. The sun shone through the gauze curtain on Xiu Ling's face, and he had a slight smile on his face. Smiling, her eyes were as peaceful and gentle as he had ever seen.

The author has something to say:

I found that this chapter has been swallowed on the mobile phone. I don't know what happened. Please try posting it again. Friends who have already read it don't need to read it again.

I hope all the friends who are taking the postgraduate entrance examination can get good results!