The True Meaning of Love

Delirious' POV:

What is the meaning of love? People tell me it's an emotion someone feels when they find their other half. That it's something I feel not have. That it's stronger than any emotion I could ever feel and it will last a long time. Love is apparently something that I don't understand.

I thought at first I had found love. That I had found my other half and we would rule the world if we could. I felt like I was on Cloud 9 as how Katy Perry would call it. But my world came crashing down around me. And I let it.

The person who I thought I fell in love with, no who I actually fell in love with, is Tyler Carson. He was a man of many words. He could turn something boring to something worth wild. He had a very colorful vocabulary. Well so do I but I'm not talking about myself.

He has a sweet smile and the most amazing eyes. I love getting lost in them. We were happy with each other. We had many dates and people told us we were the it couple. And I had believe them too.

But things had started to change when we went to eat at our favorite restaurant, they had hired a new worker their and he was our waiter. His name was Craig Keser. He had brown hair and green eyes. When he talked to us he had a British accent.

Something about him had attracted Tyler's attention as he wouldn't stop talking to him. I heard at one point that we were just friends and decided to eat lunch, but I ignored him. I then see Craig wink at Tyler and had left to get our food.

I asked him what was that about and told me not to worry about it. So that's what I did. After he brought us back our food and we ate, Tyler left a twenty dollar tip and we left. Ever since this day, Tyler has been leaving me home to do chores while he goes out.

This has been the usual for now. He goes while I clean. Once he comes back he sometimes looks at me angrily but then kisses my forehead. He then whispers that he loves me as he goes to the table and eats the dinner I prepare for him.

That's how life has been going but one night he came home drunk. That was the worst. He would get angry at everything I had do. And then he hits me. He hits me with his belt whenever I do something that doesn't please him.

He then mumbles something about me not being Craig and I cry. This all had to do with the man we had met at the restaurant. He then kisses me roughly. After he does that he tells me that he'll be the only person that I'll love. That this was love meant.

My new meaning of love..... something that isn't worth getting. It's something that hurts and is painful. That I'll only get it from one person. It deals with hitting and being abused. As he does these things, I realized he was right. Who would ever love me?

This has been going on for a year now. He go out and hang with Craig come back home drunk. Beats me but make sure you can't see where he hit me. Go to sleep and wake up telling me that he loves me and will never let me go.

This is how I saw love for the longest of times until I met him. Tyler was having Craig and a friend of his come to our house. He told me to pretend we are roommates but I'm a clean freak and I like everything to be clean.

He tells me what to do so I have to listen. In 30 minutes there was a knock on the door. He rushes to the door and opens it. It was Craig. Tyler gave him a quick hug but I knew he wanted to do something more. He tells them to come inside and behind Craig was him.

He had jet black hair that was a little pointy from the front. He was Asian but I could see the color of his eyes perfectly. They were a nice chocolate brown. They are eyes that I'm not used to seeing as I stayed home most of my life.