Dog Tags H2OVanoss

Dog Tags

Jonathan's POV:

I woke up and checked the date. It was just another Tuesday. I looked over to the side of me and I smiled watching my husband sleep. We moved to New York as we always wanted to live in the big city.

Evan had gotten a job working as a firefighter. He was strong and it paid well that we got an apartment with an amazing view of the proud standing Twin Towers. (Probably know where I was going with this)

I felt him shift and I looked to seeing the beautiful brown eyes that I always fell in love with. He smiles softly at me and I lean in planting a kiss on his lips. He kissed back and I moan and the soft tenderness of the kiss.

"Good morning Jon," he said making me smile at him.

"Good morning Evan you have another day at work," I said making him groan.

"Can I take a day off today," he said making me chuckle.

"You know you can't do that as you love saving lives," I said making him chuckle.

"Yeah I know," he said getting up and getting ready.

I get up myself to make him a delicious breakfast. I look at the clock on the stove and I see the time. It's 7 in the morning. It's probably another slow day today just like any others.

I made him breakfast and I could hear him walking to the kitchen. I felt arms wrap around my waist and I giggle at the soft kisses on my neck.

"Can't you eat your breakfast instead," I said finishing cooking the bacon.

"But your so delicious," he said making me sigh.

I turned around showing him his breakfast plate. He smiled happily and took the plate from my hands. I look at the clock and it says 7:15. Evan should be leaving in 15 minutes which should be enough time to give him my gift.

I go to the room and I pull out a black box. I open it and I smile at what was inside. I know it's not our anniversary but I felt today was a good day to give it to him. I put it behind my back and I walk to him. He's eating his breakfast but raises his eyebrows seeing my hands behind my back.

"Okay what do you got," he said making me giggle as he swallowed the last of his breakfast.

"It's just something to remember that I will always be waiting for you," I said giving him the black box.

He opens it and he smiles. He pulls out the black box a dog tag necklace that had two dog tags on it. A name for me and a name for him.

"Thanks Jon I love it," he said putting it on.

"Come back home safely to me Evay bear," I said making him smile at me.

"Don't I always," he said as he planted a quick kiss and left.

~1 hour later~

I look back at the time and I see that it's 8:41. For a whole hour I just decided to watch tv. It's not like I have anything else that I could do. I look back and I see the Twin towers in their glory.

But then I noticed that my building was rumbling. I heard a noise that sounded like a plane that flew above. I look out the window and I see a plane that was flying to close to the towers.

Everything happened in a blur. In a blink of an eye, the first tower was hit at 8:45. I screamed in horror as I saw the plane explode on impact and the building to start go up in flames.

End of POV:

Jonathan could only state in horror as the impact was burning in flames. He knew that Evan and his department would be called down to help and try to put away the flames but it was only a matter of time.